Need Help with Hatching Chicks!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Please excuse my ignorance, and I know I should have found the answer to this before letting it happen ................. please don't yell at me too loudly, I already feel bad enough. ;-)

We have some Bantam Hens that are sitting on eggs. We decided to let them hatch a few.

One has hatched, and I am unsure if Hen's take care of their young in the same manner as birds.

The nest boxes are a few feet off the ground, so there is no way the chicks are going to get down to the water and food. Will the mother birds take care of this, or do I need to move the chicks?

Detailed directions would be helpful. When we got the original chicks they were day olds and we just had a large tub that we kept them in with a heat light, water and food. I'd sure like to leave them with their Mamas this time.

Thanks for any help.

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!