Perennial Cornflowers

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

When I was a child in Austria, I picked Cornflowers growing along a field of wheat to make myself a wreath for my head. The blossoms are a beautiful blue matched only by a bluebird with very slender grass like leaves. Since living in this country I have never seen any untill the other day as I walked down a driveway and low and behold there they were! I asked if I could have some for my garden. No problem, the kind woman said. The flowers are perennials with very strong stems. I have many books about flowers, I have searched on the internet, including DC, but have never found them. Perhaps someone can tell me more about them or where can I find them.

While writing this I would like to thank everyone who welcomed me to Dave's Garden.

Aria

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!