I'm looking for creative gardening ideas

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

I would like to see some photos of your gardens. I'm thinking about breaking out of the traditional mold and coming up with something totally different than I've ever done. I know I can buy some creative gardening books but I think it would be fun to see what people on this forum have done.
Sherri

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

I posted pics of my new garden for you... Hope that stirs the imagination...

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Where? I would also like to see. Edited to say I found 'em, right here on this forum. Thanks.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2004 4:21 PM

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Drew! I am very intrigued by how you've done yours. What kind of wood did you use?

Pressure treated dimension lumber, If I was to do it again I would have eliminated all the expensive lag screws and the 6x6 posts that form the corners. I did not know it but www.gardners.com (I think that is it) has premade corners ou just slip a 2x12 into an they even stack, could do the same thing for a lot less. I am going to make more of the boxes just one tier high after this growing season is done and they should cost a 3rd as much as these did.

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking about doing something like you did and combine it with the Lasagna gardening method. I'm going to have to do raised gardening in order for it to drain well because our garden area is a marsh (basically). No where else to put the garden though. It has rained so much this year that it has not dried out yet.

We have quite a challenge ahead of us. Not only do we have a bog for a garden, but we have mile high Poison Ivy to deal with.

We just moved into this spot, it used to be a field. We basically have an upper yard and lower yard. The upper area is about 5 feet higher than the lower, with the house on it. So of course, no room for the garden up here. Plenty of room down below, but marshy area that needs to be regraded so that it can drain. The only thing living down there is weeds and bermuda. Even the bermuda is starting to look kind of sickly. The weeds are doing great though.

regrade it, make the boxes 24 inches high and put 6 inches of pea gravel in the bottom? Or not, the elevated beds with "Made" soil drain well enough I water them for 10 minutes every morning and all is well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.