Show us your yard!!!!!!!!!!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

OK people, so let's admit that we all love closeups of dewdrop laden roses, newly opened brugs, butterflies visiting buddlieas, etc. We can't see a new bud open without rushing inside for the camera. But what about the big picture?? Let's lay our cards on the table, folks - don't be shy! Let's see pics of your WHOLE backyard! (or frontyard, or sideyard, or whatever...) I'll start the bidding with these. And I promise (fingers crossed behind back) that my whole yard looks every bit as good!

Thumbnail by delphiniumdiva
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Another view....the little blue house is the chicken coop.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Last one...and I swear I didn't weed before I took these (fingers crossed behind back again)!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

OK one more. Note the very hip and trendy "soccer ball in the pond" effect. Got that one off HGTV. Looks just like a real soccer ball too.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Your yard look great! Love the soccer ball effect. lol What are the red flowers in the first picture? It looks like you spend every waking moment in your gardens. Wow!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Just pentas, Pins. Butterfly magnets - here's a pretty closeup.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ok, here's a few pictures. This is my backporch.

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

And here's my new pergola/garden room.

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

And here is part of my back yard.

Delphiniumdiva - - your yard is lovely!!! And I agree that I'd like to see more pictures of how everyone's yard in total looks like. Nat

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Thanks Nathalyn!! Your pics are beautiful! I like to see pics of whole yards - helps me see how I can squeeze in a few more plants! People have such cool designs. I really like you round garden above. And you have delphiniums!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love em!!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh Nathalyn it looks beautiful. I remember when you were getting that put up and deciding what to plant. I love it.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey Nathalyn, I notice lots of brugs in that picture...watch out or we'll be bombarding you for cuttings!

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Diva, I'd be happy to share cuttings a little later in the summer. Nat

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

diva/nath - love those pictures, however, i will have to claim that my camera broke so i can't show any pictures. truth is i'm embarrased!!!!!!!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

I'm with Herbie43, too embarrassed to share pics.

But I've got an excuse! We've had 11.5 inches of rain so far this month . . . not to mention the wind. Makes it hard to keep a yard up . . . it's a mess.

Maybe later.

Ya'll have beautiful yards, I couldn't compare to that, anyway. Keep the pics coming!

Cheri'

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The roses are on the way out,the poppies have bloomed,but the hollyhocks are coming on and there is always something new.That's the joy of gardening isn't it.Back yard.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Front yard.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

OMGosh this is totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

this is a great idea for a thread so we can see how everyone combines plants and hardscape features. You have very nice yards! Keep those pictures comming! I need to get out in mine and take some pictures. Meanwhile, there are lots of weeds to pull but I did mow the grass today so it looks 100% better than it did just a few hours ago. That's a start!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Didn't realize I was starting an exercise thread. Seems to be motivating us to get up off the computer, get out and weed!! (considering the weather, we need all the motivation we can get...)

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

:( Well, I thought my yard was pretty. But you guys have sooo put me to shame... Um, maybe pics next year, or the year after that, or ..... :)

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I have lots of inhabitated areas. Here we go...

Back yard has quite a few, next to the pool so that's where the plants are congregated.

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

another

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

yard with grass

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

another view

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

different perspective

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

front of house...EMPTY!!

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

ANOTHER EMPTY!!

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Last one...EMPTY!

Thumbnail by Osteole
San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

Haha, does this count!

Thumbnail by heycharlie
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Poor yard! Poor you!

Gah we have gotten SO much rain....Rained here again this morning!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Hahahahha Charlie! Good one.

Osteole your BACK yard is gorgeous. You know, I don't have much in my front yard either. Guess I care more about what I see though my windows than what the neighbors see from theirs! Selfish me. I'll get to the front eventually...

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

heycharlie, your picture gives new meaning to the term "water garden".....LOL

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

LOL nathalyn

You guys are going to make Charlie cry!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine is boring. I haven't got one single creative bone in my body... so everything just gets planted sorta willy nilly and added to or taken from every year. The weeds have been tough to battle for me this year with my school schedule... so maybe I should host an Ohio roundup and have a weed my flower beds party?

Here is looking towards the house on the inside of the fence, where the dogs rule and steal tags.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
(Zone 4b)

Melissa I LOVE the country look. I think it looks great. It feels like HOME. Like its really yours. I really should learn how to work the digital camera.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL Greta... I guess it looks that way since I'm in the middle of nowhere! I've seriously thought about taking a landscaping class of some sort... to try to make rhyme or reason out of my yard!

Here is part of the back yard.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
(Zone 4b)

Honey youve got POTENTIAL!!! Just create "rooms" ... the best thing is to clarify rooms by either levels, hedges, trees or fences. Ive GOT to show you the garden I just built this year. Ill work on that. I resent you an old email Im curious to know if it got through. Thanks for being understanding about our trade. G2

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Really loved seeing all your House & Yard Pictures, meant for mine to be on this thread but goofed and they are by themselves. Sure sorry for all you people in Texas and other areas where you are getting toooo much rain. We love every drop we get here in desert area of WA. Donna

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Melissa you have one thing I don't have and wish I did - a VIEW!!!!!!!! Most of my gardening is designed to screen out the suburbana clutter. Whatever you do is bound to look good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.