Little PerTurbed tonight......

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

If you don't want to listen to me vent then you can graciously leave. This is for those who care to listen.

My DH's daughter (my step) got nominated to go to leadership camp this summer. At first, she asked me if that meant "do I need leadership skills, if so that's mean and I don't want to go". I assured her no, it was an HONOR to be selected for this camp and encouraged her to go. Grandma was happy as well.

We spent alot of money getting her ready for this camp.

The last week, (she was supposed to leave this coming Saturday) she started showing the signs of cold feet.

Today she gave her dad every single reason why she shouldn't go, as "I want to spend the summer with my friends" (like one week out of the summer matters when she's a houseplant anyways) and GET THIS:

told her dad "This camp is for low income families".

WELL! We may not be the richest people in the world, but we aren't poor, and we have never signed up our kids for reduced or free lunches, so they don't even know our income so I knew that was NOT a true story!

Unfortunately, she got her way and her dad gave in. She isn't going to a camp that I think would have been a priviledge for her, a GREAT experience, and dang am I upset about it.

I just don't think his babying them this way is a good thing. And they need to learn to fulfill commitments. Bailing out at the last minute like that is NOT good, because had she done this 2 weeks ago, they'd have found a child to fill her spot. Probabably won't happen now.

What also upsets me is I see this happen over and over and over again, and it just doesn't seem to change.

How can one be a step mom to spoiled children when you don't have a voice?

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!