What is "POOF"?

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

People have asked this question often. They type long messages, even include pics, and then suddenly after clicking a button realize all their time was in vain. There are simple solutions to this.

First of all, before I explain a "possible" reason for the "poof", be sure to highlight and copy (hit Ctrl & C at the same time).
Then if it poofs, you have it saved and can click Ctrl & V at the same time to paste it into your next try without retyping it. Although, you will have to go find the pic again and put it in. But it will save you time.

I have found many of the times my posts went "poof" was because my hands on the mouse are so used to hitting certain buttons, especially refresher buttons such as "Home" or "Back" or "Daves Garden". If you accidently do that, without thinking, which I have done, you WILL lose what you have typed. But if you do the copy feature I mentioned above, it will save you the time and trouble of having to re-think and retype what you said before.

That is my only explanation of the "poof" thing I have heard people talk about. And as I've had it happen to me on occassion, I figured out that was my problem, I THINK, lol!

If anyone else has another solution or idea about the "poof" thing, please feel free to share!

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!