Purple Orchid Tree

(Zone 5a)

I receive seeds in a trade label Purple Orchid Tree and just look at it grow. I just found a link with a photo of the flower http://troyb.com/photo/gallery/028-36-PurpleFlower.htm
Isn't it beautiful, but sad to say it's not an orchid like I first thought.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2004 12:36 PM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

UUUGGGGG!!!!! I have managed to rot all but two of my purple orchid tree seeds and still no babies.
How in the world did you get such wonderful success?????
I am totally green with envy.
Ummmm got any extras? :-)

RikerBear

(Zone 5a)

Have you tried to use a rooting hormone on your seeds before planting?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Ummm, no....never heard of that before. Maybe I'll try that with one of my silk floss tree seeds.
Thanks for the idea....................

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

Mine grow just from seeds that fall of the tree or the ones that I have planted I just stick in potting soil water and keep damp not wet and within a week I have orchid trees. I have also soaked the seeds overnight and than just stuck them in potting soil and within a couple of days I have little trees

(Zone 5a)

Riker if you would like to have this one for postage I would be happy to send it to you. I have a very small yard and can't plant any trees because of wiring over my home. Since I receive these seeds in a trade and had no idea what tp expect, I saw the word orchid and lost my mind lol.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I have been sent 10 babies from another DGer (EMH) already, but thank you for the very sweet offer.
You should just pot it up and grow it as a patio / house plant.

(Zone 5a)

I am so glad that you finally got one :}

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.