My poor honeysuckle

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

It's imperative I find a better support for these vines!

I was using staples, but the weight of the plant is pulling them out.

Can ya'll suggest something.

Thumbnail by Osteole
Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

They are going to get too big for that area.To control mine I put it in a pot. I found today at Lowes, nylon open-end clamps that come together and a screw can be put in to close them. They come in all sizes. You could put them around a branch and screw it to the wood. The branch would break before the clamp would pull out. I am going to use them on my MG cages using the welded wire I showed you. I will be buying the 4ft by 50 and make two tubes one to fit in the other. That way I can make a 5 to 8 ft tower by sliding the two together. I would use the clamps to close them but use a small nut and bolt instead of a screw.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

They grow well on fences, where there's something to tie them down on here and there. I have mind started on the ground on a trellis that goes up to a cement wall with holes in it, so I can hold the trellis down with ties, when it get's too heavy. These honeysuckles can get very very thick and very weighty.

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

hmm...both you have me thinking here

That stuff comes in green too. It is a little lighter gauge.

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

It's doing better.......Ive braided the vines together, tied them to wire that's connected to the poles. Going to train it up and across the front of the pool shed. Looks like it might work after all.

This is its second year.

Thumbnail by Osteole

I had aphid problems but mine is cooking again. I made mine into a Patio tree.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!!!

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.