I have these available for trade

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Rooted cuttings
Allamanda cathartica "Cherries Jubilee"
Allamanda cathartica "Hendersonii"
Firecracker vine
Lipstick plant
Passiflora "Elizabeth" (only one rooted cutting)
creeping fig
yellow mandavilla
Chinese Lantern hibiscus (very few)
Duranta rooted cuttings
Confederate jasmine rooted cuttings.

Erythrina herbacea (gone to DonnaB)
caladiums

Seedlings
Red Pride of Barbados
Disco Belle Hibiscus
To see what I'm looking for just go to this link
http://davesgarden.com/t/435932/star+fruit
OR you can contact me with what you have. I'm looking for tropicals or passion flowers not on my DG trade list.

Catlady-
Duranta
1 chinese lantern
2 yellow mandevilla
2 fire cracker vine
2 bat face cuphea
2 allamanda "cherries jubilee"
2 allamanda "hendersonii"

Dixie-
Allamanda cathartica "Cherries Jubilee"

DonnaB-
Erythrina herbacea
Allamanda “Cherries Jubiliee”
Disco Belle
Dutchman’s pipvine
Yellow pea plant/seeds
Calamintha coccinea

Aknapp-
P. Elizabeth
Chinese lantern hibiscus

This message was edited Jun 21, 2004 1:37 AM

This message was edited Jun 22, 2004 6:46 PM

This message was edited Jun 23, 2004 5:19 AM

This message was edited Jun 23, 2004 5:22 AM

This message was edited Jul 9, 2004 2:06 AM

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hugo I want the Allamanda Cherries Jubilee, Disco Belle Hibiscus and Lipstick plant if it is from the Aeschynathus family and NOT the Bixa orellana. Also what coral tree seedlings do you have?? I have Erythrina cristi-gallii but am looking for others. I'll e-mail you my tropical trade list.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2004 2:07 AM

Donna,
The Allamanda "Cherries Jubilee" and the Disco Belle are yours. The lipstick plant that I have rooted is not the Aeschynathus however I do have one that I believe is the Aeschynthus type that I can root for you. The Erythrina that I have is different from the cristi-gallii. It is Erythrina herbacea.

In your case you don't need to send me any trade list. You've already given me more plants than I can count. I can put this aside with your other plants. I'll make a note and put them aside now so I don't forget.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I would love to have the passiflora and the chinese lantern hibiscus if I have something you would like.

Do you still have these?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hugo I hope to get over that way sometime after the 10th of July after my friends from Texas come. I'm waiting on a new Grandchild due on the 26th of July and really can't make any plans. My first was 5 weeks early and I expect this one to be to since my DD is such a petite person.

aknapp,
I do still have these. I'll look through your list and see what you have.

Donna,
Congrats on your (soon to arive) grandchild. I'm sure you're excited as can be. I know how things like this can put a hold on everything else going on. I'll be gone from the 25 of this month until the 4th of July. I'll be in Washington for a week so no hurry on my part.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the quick answer. I have no list to speak of but I will email you a list of plants that I have.

I looked at the list of things that you are looking for and I have not even heard of some of those.

We may not be able to find anything that I have that you would be interested in.

aknapp,
Well your zone is obviously very different from mine. I hadn't thought about that. Another thing that you may have are named irises or cannas. Well, maybe not cannas but who knows. I may be able to do postage once I get done trading if any are left.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hugo which color is this Disco Belle. I see that they have several colors. All very pretty

Gilmer, TX

Bugfreak, Are you looking for named cannas? I saw a couple of things on your list that I would like to have, but have nothing from your want list. I do have a number of named cannas, so if you are looking for some, LMK and if I have them, perhaps we can work something out. Thanks, Pam

Donna,
You've asked a very good question and I just realized that I don't have a good answer. I thought I knew what color they were but I just realized (thanks to you) that they aren't labled. I thought I would just look back at the seed packet they came in from a previous trade. There is no color on it either. Hummm. I guess I'll have to wait til they bloom. Bummer! Let me know if you're still interested.

Catlady,
I like cannas and have only a few named and un-named so most likely anything you have would be a new addition to what I have. Let me know what you have and what you are interested in and we'll get a trade going. The firecracker vine is still in the process of rooting so I may have to hold off on that one. unless it gets going a little faster.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I'm still interested. They have a beautiful bloom

It's got your name on it then. I'll hang on to it for you.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2004 6:47 PM

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Bugfreak,...you have mail :-)

Thx, Carol

Foley, AL

how did you root your lipstick plant I have a var- one.

Ely,
As mentioned by DonnaB further up we may be talking about two different types of lipstick plant. I think what you have is the Aeschynathus type. I haven't rooted that one so I can't give any insight on it.

Foley, AL

I have three forms of it. but I don't know what to do with it?

ely

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Ely they make great hanging baskets. Root me some of them please if they are big enough

Foley, AL

I will if someone tells me how...???? I have tried... but yack.. I waist my time... I love the v one. I also have the gold fish plant they look good in hanging baskets too... you should see all of my hanging baskets... I have 20 something syg. they look neat and my spider plants I have 4-5 kinds and so on and so on....

I like hanging baskets but I just don't have anywhere to put/hang them. I still need to work this out. I have the pots and some plants but just can't figure out where to hang them without drilling into the exterior brick walls of the house.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hugo buy some of those multiple pot hanger poles and place them out in the yard and plant some bedding plants around the base of the pole. It would look really nice in your yard. Just an idea

Sounds neat. Now I'm going to guess that we're talking about the back yard correct? I think I might do that. Maybe around the dog potty area and do multiple poles. How many does each pole hold?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

They come in different sizes Hugo but I would go with one that would hold 4 plants. It would be so pretty. I have pots all down the rails of my walk way on both sides of the porch

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

oops here is a pic. I have all sorts of bedding and vining plants on the rails. My clerodendrums, various turks caps, milkweeds and stuff in my container garden running the length of the walk way.

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

front view. Its a real pain having a damp yard and try to grow flowers. So this year I have everything in pots mostly.

Thumbnail by DonnaB

Donna,
I will certainly have to try this. They look nice. I'll probably mix them in the garden and flower beds through out. I like how the end result. I can finally put these pots to good use. Thanks.

Note all
I have added a couple more plants to the list.

Duranta rooted cuttings
Confederate jasmine rooted cuttings.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Donna,
How do you control the clero Bungei? I love the flower, but omg, i have it growing between my storm windows. Which means its growing IN MY WALLS!!!
Jen

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hugo is your Duranta different from mine?? If so I want one of those too.
I have all my cleros in 15 gal?pots. Most everything I have is in pots this year. My yard is to damp and where it isn't in summer it is in our very wet winters. Jen you better get it out before it causes major damage.

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Hi Bugfreak, Im also interested in the Duranta rooted cuttings, along with the Allamanda cathartica "Cherries Jubilee" &

I'll send you email on how I got the Seed's to germanate...you'll never believe it... :-)

Thx, Carol

Dixie,
Send away. I would love to hear about it so I can sow some of mine agian. I'll make sure to save some Duranta for you too.

Donna,
The duranta I have is the same as yours. Same exact one. You have a lot of dedication to have everything in pots. You are what I call an "Extreme Gardener".

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Bugfreak...you have mail :-)

I got it. That was fast.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Bugfreak, Strange... huh? I've been on cloud nine all day...lol

Carol

Yes. Strange but getting it fast is good. I love quick responses.

Dixie,
Edited to rephrase what I said above. It is strange how fast they germinated. I never would have expected them to come up the way that they did. Certainly not after all the other attempts. I hadn't read your e-mail when I posted above.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2004 3:11 AM

I hope you all can wait til I return from my vacation to get these. I should be able to ship these out shortly after or around the 4th of July. Please check my work on the first post. Check to see that I have all of your interests/wants down. Thanks.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Bugfreak,.....you have mail :-)

Carol

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Bug
Are you just trading or will you do 'for postage'

Thanks

narc

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Gots cannas too.........email me.

"eyes"

Narc,
I prefer to trade but depending on your interest, I may be able to do SASE. Let me know what you are interested in.

Eyesoftexas,
I'll send you an e-mail.

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Bug
Thats ok, I wish I had more to trade.

narc

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.