Blue Sky Vine

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I got this from Select Seeds in May. I don't know anything about it, I was thinking of planting it with some of my roses, will that work?

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Blue sky gets very big. I made a heavy guage wire fence & it has taken it over. So be prepared for its size.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Melvatoo, I love my blue sky vine, but it is a big vine. Here is a pic I just took. It is taking over my swing. By the time it starts blooming, it will be even bigger.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Okay..thanks for telling me. Sounds like it won't do with the roses..how about Cork Screw Vine, how big does it get?

This message was edited Jun 20, 2004 6:44 PM

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Rylaff,
When does yours bloom? This year was the first time I had blooms, but it has been done blooming for a month now. Should I expect it to bloom again this year?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Melva, I bought a start of this two from Select Seeds and I will leave it in a large pot as it will freeze out. It has a few blooms; such a great blue too.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Melva,

When I was planting vines to give privacy on the chain link fence, the Thunbergia (Blue Sky Vine) was one of mine. This one is about 2 years old, blooms almost all year down here and has grown up the utility pole then down again. It's now moving along the fence and competing with passiflora vines. There is a big lots bench arbor at the base of this massive vine, maybe you can see it?. As big as this is, it's not nearly as annoying as the smaller trumpet type vine that sends runners into my grass. I love the blue sky vine.

:^)))
Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mine blooms from July through November. Occasionally into December.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, Molly that looks like it could take over.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

HI Lenjo,

See that 3 foot tree stump there by the yellow target thing? The tree was ugly because years ago someone lopped the main trunk in the middle and it never grew right. So the tree killed my grass and was ugly. It also harboured runaway sky vine. We took the tree down. Now the vines are much easier to control.

Also, keep in mine, what's growing on the fence is a combination of sky vine, 2 passifloras, 2 different colored trumpet vines and a wild vine. (I wanted a privacy fence and I got one. LOL)

Molly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.