Okay..need Ideas!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I am about to start work on my bedroom. (in the next few weeks or so)
EVERYTHING is gonna change! :-D

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep reds and rich rich purples/browns/greens are my absolute favourites.

You all saw my bathroom I think. :-O

We live in a singlewide trailer so there's not much room. I wanna paint to trick the eye into thinking my room is a vast space.
But no really light colors!!!
Biege- yuccky!!! LOL

Here's what I was thinking. (feel free to say "omg that's awful!")

BTW- I will probably be mixing my own colors. :D

My walls wont be the same color. I am going to do a very deep deep base (probably a tarnished garnet red)- then over that I'll add two to three varying shades. Maybe like this..

Garnet-
Deep Purple-
Hints of Gold-

I'll probably be rolling the colors together. I want you to know there isnt just red- but I don't want a rainbow affect.
These are more earthy tones that Jewel. Rich - like some old Library or whatever.
It will be darker at the top and lighter towards the bottom.
Sort of like a crimson dawn...or sunset.

The ceiling will be... I am not sure!
I'm afraid to do it dark for fear of a "box" affect.
I might get some copper sheets and poke designs in them or just tarnish them. Probably will tarnish it instead. Don't want the room "busy".

The floor. It is going to be stained plywood. (remember I posted about this earlier?)
Maybe I am weird- but I like stained plywood floors!!! LOL
And it will be cheaper than buying flooring.

I have a ton of colored glass and trinkets. On one wall (head of my bed) I have this big wide trinket shelf my Grandfather gave me. I have stained it a dark reddish brown color. It looks nice.
I have one huge north west facing window. It gives alot of cool (cool as in cold) light. Looking out that window is part of my flower garden! :-D

Right behind my garden is a nice grove of trees.
I want to somehow bring my room out into my garden. (I'm eventually adding a deck off my room and replacing the window with french doors.)

Now keep in mind this is a trailer room- it is pretty small!

Here's the furniture I have.

One handmade Tall and Narrow Shift.
One Trinket Shelf- (on the wall).
One Vanity. ( stained it a really odd color of greenish blue! Might paint it over though.
One Twin Bed. (I wanna make a "floor bed" coming out of the corner of my room. Rounded end piled with pillows and fabrics/animal skins. Emmmmm Leather.)

Then again- I might add paper bags to the wall and stain it to look like leather.
What do y'all think?!

yes yes.. forgot to mention.
I plan on doing a "muted, mostly line art" mural on the opposite wall from the window. It will probably be birds with long tails on a branch with small simple flowers. (think chinese.)

Oh yes, forgot this too.
I am probably adding collums to the corners of the room.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2004 2:34 PM

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!