Help! Quick! Moldy Squash

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

A couple of days of nice moist June Gloom has made a mess of my squash. What is the best thing to do for them? Poor babies.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Looks like Powdery Mildew. A baking soda solution works about as well as anything. Actually it dislikes an alkaline environment so copper based fungicides also work. Some organic folk even use milk especially the powdered milk.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

If your weather has turned warmer and drier it may not spread, so I would just pick off those gray leaves and dispose of them and then wait to see if any more leaves are affected.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Unfortunately the damp cool mornings has caused this to spread quickly. I took off the worst leaves and have been spraying like a madwoman. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

June Gloom is getting us too.

Are you spraying soda, Frogs? We were going to do that because I am afraid that whe the sun does finally come out, milk would smell sour.

The only part of our garden really suffering from this mold is the part where the cuke plants are protected by a fence and they do not get enough of wind for circulation.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Soda it is. It seems to help but the GLOOM continues. I did not think I could take the milk smell either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.