soapmaking

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

My spousal unit is making molds to sell on ebay for soapmakers. He also felt he needed to make a little soap to take photos and show the results of using his molds with the ebay listing. He ordered both white and glycerin soaps from a company called Jones Bee which also sells candle-making supplies. But when we got them, they were extremely oily on the outside.
We were able to make some molded soaps with the stuff, but if you touch it, your hands are covered with slimy stuff, I guess glycerin and they are unusable. There was a comment that came with the blocks of soap that said to keep them wrapped when storing them, but you can't do that when you make an actual bar of soap that you plan to use or give as a gift. Can anyone help me understand what's wrong? or direct me to another soap seller that doesn't have the same problem?

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!