Yellow trumphet vine

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

With its first blooms,red trumphet has been blooming for a couple weeks,and is always in bloom before the yellow variety,does anyone else find this true where you live also?

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Northern, AR(Zone 6b)

I haven't got the yellow variety, although my peach is a little later than my red and orange. Would you like to trade a couple cuttings of yellow, for peach. Sorry,I couldn't resist, LOL.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Absolutely! Red blooms first.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I want this one, I saw it yesterday in a three gallon at the Farm Store but I can't justify spending that much. If they would have had it in gallon size; oh so pretty. This is such a temptation.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i sure hope mine blooms this yr!
so PRETTY

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Sorry was just reading this, and I wrote wrong last time, the orange/red ones bloom FIRST!!! sorry, then weeks later the yellow blooms

This message was edited Aug 26, 2004 5:51 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

No seeds here either,trying to root a couple now tho!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

The reds bloom first here as well- they're everywhere and just gorgeous. Peeking over people's fences and brightening up the browning, dry landscapes of Lubbock. They're considered invasive here but I just love them.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

There is a new vareity of the red,that has much bigger flowers,but doesn't bloom as profusely as the old type.

Coxsackie, NY(Zone 5a)

How lucky you all are! I'm still waiting for my red and yellow to grow for cripes sake! I bought them at Lowe's this spring in April. Planted them at them outside at the end of April. and they are no more than 9 inches tall! LOL I guess this year won't be their year but hopefully next year will be the trumpet vine boom at my house!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I think it was my third year before I saw any blooms,but was worth the wait!!!

Troy, MI(Zone 6a)

I have both a red and a yellow trumpet vine. They were both planted EIGHT YEARS AGO! Yes, you read correctly. After a year or two, I actually thought that they were going to just lay there, all 6 or 8 inches of them. I knew they weren't weeds, so I just let them be--and I continued to improve and expand my gardens. Eventually, maybe a year or two ago, they began vining and I built a couple of trellises. Last year, for the first time, the red one bloomed! At about that same time, I read an article in a garden mag or catalog that trumpets take seven years to bloom from seed. And they were right! The yellow, obviously, took 8. Seeds were awfully cheap, but I don't think the wait was worth it. I have since bought a couple of mature ones that were blooming when I bought them.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

At my age,patience is not what it used to be!LOL
If I do seeds 2 years would be my tops.
Congrats for yours!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.