Irises everywhere!!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I was dropping kids off to school this morning and saw loads of irises in trash cans to be thrown out. Well, I just couldnt let that happen, LOL. I knocked on the front door and before I could finish my sentence about the trash cans full of iris she said if ya want em go ahead and take them. Oh JOY!! LOL. Ive seen all these iris in her front bed before and they are beautiful, about 5 different colors and I always meant to stop by and ask if I could have one or two fans. I spoke with this really nice lady for a few minutes and she invited me back on Wendsday afternoon to get some lilacs that she dosnt want.
How cool is this!!???? LOL
I literaly brought home a big paper recycling bag full of iris home, and the tubers are big. Im gonna take what I want, give some to some friends and then if there are any left I will offer them up in plant trading as Mixed color iris.
What a great morning.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!