Lavender Lady Passion blooms

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9a)

What a wonderful surprise I got this morning when I went outside to check on my plants! My Morning Glory had bloomed!! I had a senior moment when I type the subject:-)

Blessings,
Plantnutz1 aka Awanda

This message was edited Jun 12, 2004 12:29 PM

Thumbnail by ACsAgapePlants
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Is that the right picture? Looks like a beautiful morning glory to me. Either way, it is lovely!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

.....LOL....thought I was having a senior moment when I looked at you flower.....LOL...not quite the same...LOL :op
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Dee, your shot was the reason I got my LL, thanks!

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so glad one of my photos inspired you to get it. It is such a pretty and profilic bloomer I would recommended it to anyone that loves passies...and takes very little care...

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Your so right willow wasp,and what a prolific bloomer it is,7 blooms this morning,this one I have growing up a southern magnolia.

Thumbnail by Tropicman

That beats my 5 Allspice but my LL is gearing up to go again. 2 nights ago on Allspice.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

They kind of look similar huh!

I took this 3 minutes ago. Blue Horizon.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

AS for numbers of flowers, Dakota Ransom works for more months than any others in my yard. First in spring and last in fall!

Thumbnail by Flicker
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

just took this now,don't know what I have here.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow like that Dakota,will have to look for it!
Looks like your blue horizon a close cousin,of mine.

Thumbnail by Tropicman

The Home Depot by my house has a new one called Purple Gem. They are full of buds but none were open to take a shot of. It looks like a L lady and Victoria.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I will hit Home Depot tomorrow!!It looks like one of the violacea hybrids. I have violacea form 3. It is a terrific bloomer and stays full of buds.

Thumbnail by Flicker
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow those are sooo pretty, I'm gonna get going and see if my HD or Lowes has any of those....
I like them all.... :o)
Dee

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

You guys all killing me with all these new ones!!!
My HD doesn't carry many tropicals!!!!

It kind of had this coloring.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Can yall tell me if this is a bud. This is an unknown until it blooms, the squirrels took the tag away........ :o(
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp

I went to H. Depot here is Purple Gem

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

Well someone else has it. This is from Gardenweb.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

And this.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

They had a nice Amethyst too.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Well, shoots. My home depot has let me down. Again. I guess I will have to resort to begging. WW, those are very pretty buds. Be sure to send the flower.

I just went out and looked at my plants and the leaves look like L. Lady but Victoria has that same purple bud color

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Went to Lowes, Home Depot and Wal-Mart and found no passies but I did find this.......It is so pretty and I was looking for something to accent my Limelight 4 o'clocks...just the thing don't you think? This is called Persian Shield "Strobilanthes". I am really taken with it and I looked on the plants data base and one person said it could get 4 foot high and just as wide. Wow that would be something.....
:o)
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Purity,purity,don't let the full sun reach them they burn quite easily here.

There is a great nursery called Capital here and today when I went they had Allspice, Quadrangularis, but the kicker was Incense, the real mosaic virus carrying one.It really is pretty, oh! Yes, I have a picture. I would like to have the plant. The head guy at Loggee's says they are okay just sterilize your tools after you prune them. I guess that bugs don't spread the virus. I just am a little afraid.John Vanderplank says the same thing, he says that the virus can hit at anytime without warning. All Incense clones are infected. Here it is. You can see why I want it.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2004 11:14 PM

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I like that Dee, very gorgeous color.

monterey, send those nurseries here!!!!

Where did Awanda, the originator of this fun thread go?

The MG forum?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm still here, just enjoying reading the posts and waiting for my "real" Lavender Lady to bloom:-)

Blessings,
Plantnutz1 aka Awanda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

My incense just now started to have the virus,after it has reached 15ft long,second year for this plant ,I also noticed my grapes having a virus too!There about 20 ft from each other,I noticed them both about the same time,not sure if they both had it or one gave it to the other.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.