Licorice Fantasy ...or not?

Reno, NV

Hello everyone,

I'm a rookie, enjoying my 4th year of iris blooming (and they were wonderful!). I live in Reno, where iris thrive only if they don't get zapped by our late freezes. My Dad gave me this one and he believes it to be Licorice Fantasy. That iris is not listed in the Plants Database and, if it's accurate, I'd like to add it. In web research I found a mention of the Licorice Fantasy iris by a breeder who used it to parent Hidden Agenda. Can anyone look up Licorice Fantasy for me?

Andrea

Thumbnail by aecrowell
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello Andrea,
I was hoping to help You out and maybe find this STUNNING IRIS .......how BEAUTIFUL that one is!!!
I am a newcomer to irises myself and only have 1 Book titled "The Gardener's Guide to growing IRISES , by Geoff Stebbings which I bought in July 2000.
Thought first Your Iris was in there but when I looked on page 42 it is actually a Iris called "Rare Edition" which has the same colors but much more white.
Then I did some Yahoo searches but couldn't find anything either.
Hopefully somebody with alot of iris expertise/experience can get an answer for you.
Name or no name it is DEFINATELY a georgeous iris,
Brigitte

Reno, NV

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me, Brigitte. It really is a very handsome iris. This is the first year it has bloomed for me and I'm hoping it will take off. I've found they like a lot of sun and I may move it to a better spot and see what happens. Again, thanks!

I'm going to attach another picture to see if that helps identify it.

Thumbnail by aecrowell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.