Secret Iris Trade?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Has there ever been one on DG before? I would love to participate in one this fall.

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

I'd LOVE to do this! I already have an addiction to daylilies; now I am feeding my habit for irises! Do we have to wait til fall?! lol
Yvonne

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Ya know, if it were up to me we'd start next week. But all the nurseries and such say that August is the best time to transsplant. I hope that if we have it we include all the irises - bearded, Louisiana, siberian, crested, walking, etc. Wouldn't that be fun? Heck, I'd even host it! lol

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I am hoping for a Japanese roof iris......

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I think the end of July or early August would be good. Us northern folks have to give our new irises plenty of time to settle in before the winter.

I'm game :o)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds great to me too. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

you knowd id play!!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Me too!

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

I'd like to be in on this too.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

So, whaddaya say, last week of July or first week of August? Let me know and I'll do it. I agree with Japanese roof iris. Let me know if there is another category to include. Or, for that matter, any category to exclude.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Last of July. Now I have to go find out what a Japanese Roof Iris is! :-D

Should we include Siberians? Can we divide those then. I don't know just throwing out ideas.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! its a secret! ;) just let me know when
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

last week of July is good for me too. I think dutch iris, which have bulbs instead of rhizomes, should be in this too if everyone agrees.

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

I'll play!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm game! I always have plenty of extra irises to share.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Ya know, I think we all have lots to trade. I was thinking that maybe we could do a little something different and give the option of trading with two people if anyone wanted to. That way newbies who don't have many could trade with one and others could have two. Would that be too confusing?

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm in!

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

Count me in also!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

LOVE TO BE IN THE SWAP. I have many Sib. and TB iris that I could trade. Some of the TB are unnamed though.
Although I can't plant the Dutch iris here and keep them thru the winter.

Maxine

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

count me in!

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

I like to join this one also.

We need someone to volunteer to start the Secret Iris Trade thread at the end of July. Someone who can remember to actually do it! (Not me, too senile).

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I'll do it. I'll start 2 threads - one for sign up and one for preferences. Would July 25 be okay for everyone?

July 25 would be great! I'd like to see some preferences, too. Some colors I don't have.....Thanks, pins

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm in. But most of mine are either un named or I've forgotten what the names are!! Can these be included in like a pot luck catagory?

Tina

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Absolutely!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Count me in. I have just old-fashioned yellow ones - but I'm planning on making a new bed this year and I'd LOVE some variety - so I'll take anything but yellow!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Okay you guys...I just joined DG and this is my first official post. Count me in on the iris!!! ALL Kinds... I don't know which of my tall beardeds is which, but I have lots of different colors besides purple and yellow... And the Iris Society is having a sale soon..... Oh, y'all will find out I LOVE IRIS!!!

FlowrLady

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello,
The end of July should be good as well for me also.

However I only have ONE beautiful unnamed one to trade so far other than my traded ones I just got myself .Have not seen them bloom yet and they are not ready to divide.
If that is still Ok to participate in I would like to be included,
Brigitte
PS: If not then I will wait until I have some with names.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow you did JUST join FlowrLady! Welcome to Dave's, and most of all, welcome to the Iris Forum! :)

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll join, are doing un-named or named or just "whatever" LOL

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Melissa, what would you suggest? I have a couple of great Named as well as several beautiful unnamed. I would hate to leave out the newbies who don't yet have named. How about if we do a "try" and include a named one? I think there are enough of us that, especially if we decide to trade with two DGer's we'll all get a least one named. Am I being too wishy-washy?

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Yep, Today's my first day. I like it already!! I think if we know the name of the iris, we should include it, as well as anything else we may know. If we don't know, then we can't do it that way. I'm looking forward to it.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Pooooooooo (whine) can we do at least one named? K, slap me.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes i would like a named one or 2~

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Definitly a named one or 2! Want to have 3? I'll get more! lol

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Usually we set an amount of named, and then say whatever else is up to the participants. It's entirely up to you, but I'd rather have at least one named one in the batch.... For both the Hosta and Daylily secret trades we "required" one named one. The rest was up to the sender. :-)

to anyone who hasn't participated in a secret trade before, be warned.... folks are VERY generous. I think Deann dug up half her yard and sent it to me for the Secret Plant trade. :-)

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

That sounds good. For this trade we'll have one named iris be sent and the rest can be unnamed.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi ,
could You please exclude me from this then ? I only have one unnamed one to trade.
I don't want to go to the Gardencenter to buy one and send because I think it should come from the swapper herself.
I will participate next Year when I have accquired some more irises.
Thanks,
Brigitte

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.