The lady and the ruby.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Clare took them out of the greenhouse for some fresh air,there resting out of the sun on the front porch for a day or two,to get use to the heat outside.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Neat, Don. Did you just transplant to the new containers? Did you see roots when you transplanted? I hope their root systems are filling out. They should love the heat. I had them outside before I sent them to you, and it has been in the 80's and 90's here.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes,these are trash cans I bought at the dollar store,there deep,so I can put cane poles for the plants to vine on.
Lady had very nice roots,ruby just had a few,but good looking,both were growuing out of the bottom.

Trash cans! Great idea. LOL! I didn't realize the scale of them. I thought they were small containers! They must be growing well then:-) Glad to hear the roots are strong.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well there about 18 inches deep,8 inches wide at the back and sides,for a buck they work great!
I bought some new potting soil from the expert gardner products,felt and smelled great,so will see how good this potting soil is,by the way its called THE PERFECT MIX!

That's great, Don, and you can't beat the price. I have my P. Lady Margaret in a five-gallon container, and it seems happy in it. My P. Mollissima and P. Ruby Glow are in the ground, but I think they have larger root systems. You'll probably eventually need 15-gallon containers for Mollissima and Ruby Glow.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well Mollissima has had a set back,can't take the Kansas heat to well,had to put her back in the greenhouse,under the air conditioner,she was droopy,the wind and heat was too much for her but she has perked back up,so I think she'll be okay!

Oh, my. I'm glad she is okay. P. Mollissima is a pretty vigorous grower so maybe, once she gets established, she'll be better able to stand the heat. In the meantime, she should grow fine in the shade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.