ONLY IRIS - need ID please

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the only Iris I have and it is blooming today.My mother-in-law gave it to me several Years ago,it might be a comman one but I would like to know so I tag it accordingly.
Can anyone please tell me which one it is?
Thanks,
Brigitte

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

I have some of those common ones. They were here when I bought the house 20 years ago. I moved them from beside the house and they are out in the Secret Garden now..since added a couple of other colours in the common Iris bed.
But sorry I have never had a name.

Cheers,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

To wandasflowers,

is this like Your "Perfection" looks like ?
Thanks,
Brigitte

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Perfection is a MTB. It has a much smaller bloom and is shorter but blooms at the same time as the Tall Bearded. I don't recognize yours, but it's quite lovely.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

This message was edited Jun 27, 2004 2:18 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

I thought it was Wabash. But when compared it isn't.

Wabash-E. G. Williamson 1936
Dykes Medal 1940
I have this tuber to trade.

Thumbnail by IMCANADIAN
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I would like to trade with you for the one above if that is something you might like ?
Brigitte

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

Eglantyne, I have the very same iris. I love it. Does yours have a light lemon fragrance to it. Walking past several in bloom is so fresh!

Wish I knew what it was too. Maybe list it on the ID forum?

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

IMCANADIAN
yes I would trade with You.are you still interested ?
or am I suppose to write to You ? LOL
I am all mixed up and turned around with my little "Critters" .we have 7 Baby Raccoons and my newly adopted Baby Fox as of last evening.
Let me know please,
Brigitte

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

I am sorry my yard is not large enough to have such similar Irises but if you would like to pay shipping I can send you some roots in the fall. It is the wrong time of year here to divide them. They are just beginig to bloom nicely.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

To Imcanadian.....of Course I would love to pay shipping and get some in the Fall.
Should I remind You again or send my address now ? is there anything else I might be able to send you ? what about customs or such ?
Please advice and THANK YOU in advance.Would love to have something from a canadian Gardening friend,
Brigitte

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.