Check paint cans when getting in car..I know!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

All week I have been helping my friends do an estate sale at his mother's home. She recently passed on. He grew up there, she hates his mother's stuff.

It has been so stressful, as you all can imagine. I have been the eye of calm in a ravaging storm. And, after advertising and putting up many many posters, no one showed up. SOOOOOO stressful.

They are trying to sell the house too (can anyone say MORE STRESS?) and are repainting the exterior. One of the colors was ALL wrong and so I volunteered to drive my 'her' friend (stressed) to the paint store with the offending paint to get it changed. I had my regular bunch of stuff in the car that needed to be taken out but I have been too busy this week with their stress so I set the paint on top of a duvet which was on top of ??

Guess what? When I opened the door to get the 3 cans out, one had tipped over. The ONE that the painter had opened to test. The ONE that painter didn't bang on the top. So my entire backseat door was filled with a lovely (but all wrong) shade of mint green paint. Door handle, door pull, electric window opener, seat and floor board. ONE GALLON!

Did I mention that a duvet will not work as a sponge??

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!