"Kombi" Garden Shovel

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

The man I've had helping me here several times for heavier work in my garden has 3 of these "Kombi" shovels, all different sizes. They are quite wonderful, and made locally. or at least within an hour's drive.

They look like regular garden spades that have been cut into radical toothed designs, and sharpened. His make quick work of cutting through the roots in digging holes, plus the flatter ones cut off roots just below the surface when slid along the ground.

I understand that Ace Hardware bought the patent several years ago and then didn't market them. Finally the son of the original patent owner bought back the patent.

I'll try to remember to get photos next time he is here. Since what he does for a living is landscape work, these are all he uses anymore.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!