Lenjo, 2nd stage Rockets

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

This is how they last so long. Here are the rockets reblooming along the original stems. The pictures aren't too good but you get the idea. They send new shoots were the seedpods are hanging and continue to send shoots along the stem as well. The "never give up" flower lol. I am afraid our hot summer is going to toast them before their time this year.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Here is another. They look pretty scraggly after awhile but it is fun to see just how long some of them will keep going.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

frogsrus, this is the annual larkspur? I will have to watch that this year and cut mine off after bloom. The delphiniums do this really well. Have you ever dried your larkspur? They retain their color pretty well after drying. There is a farm not far from me that grows probably 20 to 40 acres of the larkspur and they have commercial driers and have a good business selling this amongst all their other dried stuff.
http://www.hammelmans.com/

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Yep, same ones that I posted earlier.

They have some gorgeous dried flowers on that site. I used to dry a lot of flowers but now I have children as a hobby lol. I do dry some of the dark blurple ones but did not have as much luck with the lighter colors. That many acres of larkspur would be a sight to behold.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Children are a great hobby and make good gardening helpers. My girls are grown and so fun to see them start to grow their own flowers and veggies.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Joann, my grand-daughter and I made potpouri the other day..with all this rain we've had lately, I am constantly deadheading ............so many petals and the fragrance is superb! E.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.