impatiens stopped blooming

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I wonder if they are sensitive to commercial fertilizers. I have grown them for years but had trouble this year with some of them dying or just not doing well....

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

What do you mean by "commercial" fertilizers? I have fertilized mine with Osmocote and they did ok. Are yours in the shade? They like shade. Are you overwatering them? They don't really like that either - are you in an area where you've received too much rain?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

woodspirit1, I have had the same problem this year. Mine are in shade, getting plenty of water, not too much fertilizer and are either not growing or are just dying on me!! I had mentioned it to my SIL and she said someone at a nursery told her that this was a "bad crop"of impatiens this year- whatever that means.

I used a little of that Bayer's Systemic Insecticide fertilizer on them while I was fertilizing my Brugmansias.
The odd thing is that they looked fine in the nurseries......

Granger, IN

Too much fertilizer and they will not bloom....just get big and vigorous!

They're doing well this year. I have been used Peter's Bloom and it helps a lot. I don't know why they didn't thrive 2 years ago, but have done fine last year and this year. Thanks for the tip.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.