In container?

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Please let me know your thoughts on putting iris in containers. I am running out of room.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

bonnie...i bought a reblooming iris last fall and never got it in the ground...i overwintered it in the g/h in the corner and watered it maybe 3 times...i just got it in the ground last weekend...lol..it is fine...just make sure that the upper part of the bulb is above the soil and i wouldnt water very often...i dont know if it will bloom or not in a pot but it should be fine till you put it where it will stay...best of luck!!!

just think..what do the nurserys do with all the iris that they dont sell?...they stay potted...wow, i just thought about that...lol

cindy

ps..im getting ready to pot up some of my daylillies i got from parks cuz im outta room and the tiller is broke so no more beds this year..lol

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I have done some in pots & have a raised bed or 2 with lots of iris in them. They do wonderfully in both. Do give them plenty of depth for their roots and make sure there are drainage holes that are always open.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my friend sells flowers and she has a pot of Iris that have been in the pot 3yrs-they are busting out and around and through the pot!!! its crazy looking!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks all for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.