Wanted Aquarium Plants

Vansant, VA(Zone 6a)

I am looking for some water plants that will do well in my indoor turtle aquarium. Does anyone have any extras for postage?
Thanks,
Tim

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Tim,

I'm not sure if you are looking for food plants or decorative plants. Our aquatic turtles have eaten every plant we've put in the pond or indoor aquarium except Taros (elephant ears) and a few other very large plants that probably wouldn't work for an indoor aquarium. I think every turtle aquarium or pond should have some Anarchis in it for the turtles to eat and I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like. If Water Hyancith or Water Lettuce is legal in your state those are a good choice for floating plants - the turtle will nibble on them, but they should grow faster than one turtle can eat. Unfortuantly, I can't have those two plants here in Texas. I do have a variety of small duckweed (floating plant) that is legal here which I could send you if you are interested.

AnnMarie

Vansant, VA(Zone 6a)

AnnMarie,
Thanks for replying! I would love to have some of your Anarchis. How much postage do you need me to send?
Tim

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

No postage needed - just email me your address and I'll ship you some out on Monday.

AnnMarie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.