Let's see your Perennial pics....any kind

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I've been busy the last few weeks just snapping photos at every opportunity in an effort to try and document my plants' progress this year. I take about 40 and manage to get 5 or 6 into my Journal. I figure it will be a nice winter project to update the Journal with this season's pics, but in the meantime I wanna share 'em!!!

I know you all have got them and they are all scattered throughout the DG forums....post them here to get everyone's fix to see what's blooming or growing or well whatever you wanna share.

Here's one of my delights this year a new Columbine introduction for 2004 (according to Bluestone) Winky Red & White Double.

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Another new favorite......Love Plant aka Catananche caerulea 'Amor White' A darling delicate flower.

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Coreopsis 'Early Sunrise' aka Tickseed

Thumbnail by langbr
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Here's my single rayed coreopsis I've forgotten it's name, maybe you know i've got some Early Sunrise, too. They both have decided this is the year to make colonies.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

One of my favorites this time of year Geranium maculatum I've also got Ger. sanguineum spreading in another area of my shade garden.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

A really pale erigeron surrounded by the little blue flowers of the sea lavender [Limonium]
and I'll leave room for the next post.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Blooms....I bought some of both G. maculatum and sanguineum this year buth they are sad little sickly plants. Got my fingers crossed that they will one day look as lovely as your pic. Gorgeous and so delicate!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Give em a yr to sleep one to creep and then they leap.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Here is my perennial front garden, taken yesterday.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Pink Babies breath, one of my favorites...

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

Madonna Lily last night

Madonna lily pic my daughter took today, I thought she did a good job. :-)

Lupine

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

wonderful photos!
It's way past my bedtime, but here's my white walking iris

Thumbnail by sundry
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

and Hosta Night Before Christmas

Thumbnail by sundry
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

white Cala lily . . .

Thumbnail by sundry
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

and Gardenia bush, over growing my messy patio. This poor thing is about to get severely pruned . . .

G'nite all!
Cheri'

Thumbnail by sundry

Hosta that probably are too crowded...

My first coneflower bloom opened today

Cheri, your gardenia is gorgeous!!!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

My jack in the pulpits. Well... there's one in the pic. This one seems to be limelight.

Thumbnail by CaptMicha
Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

My filipendula ulmaria bloomed this year. I planted it last year. It got mowed over quite a bit but it's a trooper.

Thumbnail by CaptMicha
Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I didn't want to leave this out. I had to go into the pics that I posted because I can't find the origional file on my computer... so it has all that copyrighted stuff.

Thumbnail by CaptMicha
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanx, Melissa
I can't take credit for the gardenia, it just grows . . . LOL! It's over 30 years old and I don't usually do anything at all to it. At the far left you can see an un-painted leg of an A frame - that's where my cypress swing is . . . the fragrance is not to be believed!

As soon as it's done blooming (in the next week or so) I'm going to have to prune it, big time. It's taking too much of the patio and now that my sister is in a wheelchair, I need the patio to be passable. I'll be rooting lots of cuttings this summer . . .

Capt, what is that last pic? It's lovely . . .

Cheri'

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I am pushing the zone by trying to grow delphiniums. Mine don't get tall and stately like those grown up north, but I have to love this beautiful blue color.

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Those are gorgeous Nat. :^))))

Molly

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks Molly - - you won't believe all the flowers that bloomed out within a few days AFTER your visit!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Karrie - I happened upon your garden website last night and saw what a wonderful job you've done in landscaping.

Melissa - You know I love that Baby's Breath. I'll need to get some of that from you at some point. DD did a GREAT job on the madonna pic too! I've planted lupines twice and they must not like the spot I want them in they always die and never bloom. :-(

Cherí - I use to grow gardenias every year in a big pot on my deck, but it was getting expensive and they don't seem to overwinter inside. If you take cuttings will they root easily? That calla is to die for....so perfect!

CaptMicha - I agree what is that last pic. I'd never seen filipendula before--very dainty.

Nat - can't beat the blue of delphinium or campanula in my opinion. Yours may not get tall but you can't beat that vibrancy in color.

More...more....more.... These pics give me new ideas on things to try in my gardens.

Here's Arctic Queen clematis - planted just last fall.

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

One of my favorite fillers....Salvia 'East Friesland'

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

'Moonbeam' Yarrow

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Pink astilbe from a mixed bag a few years ago

Thumbnail by langbr
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Not really perennial but it reseeds so readily that it comes back every year. Larkspur from my grandmother's garden.

Thumbnail by langbr
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

o, I love larkspur! Mine got accidentally over-sprayed with round-up this year. =(

Here is a yellow Asiatic lily that's blooming today. It's just a little bitty baby lily, but it's got that blush in the center.

Sorry for the hazy pic . . .

Thumbnail by sundry
Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

And here is Hosta Shade Fanfare. A confused hosta - it's about to bloom . . .

Cheri'

Thumbnail by sundry
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Marvelous garden tour going on here!

Sundry -that's just one Gardenia bush?? oh my heavens!!
And I assume you think the hosta is confused cause it's blooming a month early? There's a lotta that goin' on.

Capt Micha, you have the woods to make a JinP feel at home looks lucious. And how long does the filipendula look like that? That's wonderful, looks a lot like our wild cliff rose.

langbr, love the touch of orange in with the Friesland. These pics are an inspiration. Thanks for the thread, Blooms

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Digitalis lutea with Delphiniums

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Aquilegia alpina

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Tennessee coneflower

Thumbnail by poppysue
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow, that Aquilegia alpina is just gorgeous!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Nat. That's last years picture. They're just starting to bloom this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.