1940s to1960s unknown

Kingsley, IA

I have several patches of these that originally came from grandma's beds. The digital through off the colors on the top right... the others are the best blues. Hopefully the measurement will help in IDing. I got this idea of the HIPS site on how to go about IDing old irises... this of course would even work with any iris in general.

This old quy or gal does not have a fragrance and would fit in the old TB class. This could be an iris registered in the 1970s but I don't think grandma has any thing from the 80s in up. The HT. is from about 27" up to 38". It's foliage starts a blue green and rises to a standard green at tips. For flower color description... oh a medium blueish purple self and style arms with gold orange beards tipped in light yellow.

Thumbnail by iairis
Kingsley, IA

one more for today. uknown MTB. at a guess pre 1960's. This has a corral tan S with white F veined heavily in burgandy. Yellow style arms and beards. It blooms Early around the same time as Honorabile.

Thumbnail by iairis
Kingsley, IA

I think the top one is l. PALIDA. It has that same form and color, yet mine isnt as rich in color due to soil type, as the photo provided on the HIPS site.

Thumbnail by iairis
Kingsley, IA

for the bottom HIPS has a picture of one that comes real close, if not perhaps the same one? PROSPER LAUGIER (Verdier, 1914). IB, M. The only thing that throughs me off is the HT. The ones growing along my fence all stand a good 37" or taller so it would exceed the IB height requirement.

Thumbnail by iairis

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.