need a plant suggestion

Hartford, CT

I am looking for suggestions for an annual that grows 12 - 18 inches tall and maybe 12 inches wide. I would like it to bloom with lots of white flowers in mid summer. Here is the trick - It will be right next to my raised rose bed and when I drip irrigate that garden lots of water seeps out into this area. So this plant would need to be willing to get a fair amount of water and full sun. I am in New England. Any thoughts?

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

New Guinea Impatiens might work - they can tolerate full sun unlike regular impatiens (at least here, anyways). Otherwise, I know of a perennial that might like it, an African Daisy, that grows in a clump, and doesn't get terribly tall. Besides that, you are left with common petunias and ground cover - maybe Baby's Breath????????? that might work. Most of my annuals take alot of summer heat and dry conditions. The ones that like moist soil are in the shade.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Chamomile likes full sun and lots of water. There are different kinds that grow to different heights. German and French Chamomile grow to about 18 inches high and have small white daisy-like flowers. The flowers are very cute!

Claire

Hartford, CT

Thanks for the ideas - you guys are the best. I'll look into them.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Daisies

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I love the New Guina impatiens; I planted 2 in some urns on either side of the stairs at the top, at work. They are doing great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.