Old and New blooming in NW Iowa

Kingsley, IA

I seen this oldy last fall and just HAD TO HAVE it. Moonlit Sea by Sass in 1942. Several other of the early tall bearded have made there appearance this last week... couldn't get good pictures though with all these severe storms with hail in them... my poooooooooooor irises ;(

Smoke Rings
Brindled Beauty
Wake Up Diana
Girls Favorite
Supertious , i cant spell tonight :(
then a few other old and new unknowns

Vegas Lights also made it small appearance in the IB row.

Last week or so had these ones bloom
Ave
Hand Painted
Hyenasicle

This message was edited May 29, 2004 10:12 PM

Thumbnail by iairis
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

that pic is BEAUTIFUL!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7a)

This flower is on the way out, right?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

WOW! WOW! Love the old iris! Haven't figured out the right name for this one but....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

And this sweetie Blue Shimmer..

iairis--I'm looking for more old & unknowns. Any chance of a trade? I have LOTS of modern named ruffled looking for new homes. Send an email with pics of your old ones.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

moon lite sea is a classic.it will always be in my iris beds. there is another that came out around the same time you would love.It is[Aladdins Wish]1943 you can get for $3;OO at superstition iris garden 2536 old highway
Cathy valley,Ca.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

I LOVE all the pictures I've seen of Moonlit Sea! I can't wait to see it in person--ordered it from Argyle Acres a few weeks ago...Thanks for the pictures tazzy!

Claire

Kingsley, IA

to BLEEK, no she was at prime time with one bud yet to open. Her first bloom, suffered from some hail so she was striped a little.

to CLAIRELISE I seen this at Argyle Acres last fall but I found the lady I was getting some IBs and BBs from had it growing in her beds..... so she sold me one.

My soil type tends to fade colors a bit.... so moonlit sea could come out a bit more rich in color in other soil types.

to WANDASFLOWERS I will try to get picks this evening once I get back from town. I have several different shelf irises in blue, some old red with white plic. .. and husband brought me home what I think is old "Amas" and one like it but the shelf is different shade of purple. Grandma just brought us up some more Iris ryz. from Arkanas, this weekend, that came out of her mother's iris beds... trade on them would have to wait a year or so, untill I can see what we have. Oh PS thank for the suggestion above on an iris... were designing an area here where it will have onlt old flowers, irises, none hybred roses and such... we have people stopping about once a week now just to see everything... between the weeds and rain drops...lol.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Oops! Sorry, iairis! I mean thanks for the pictures, IAIRIS!

An old red with white plicata??? Do I smell a trade???

Here's alovely historic Inspiration...

Hey--I'm in a trading mood! iairis--did you ever get the pics of your historic iris scanned?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8a)

I ordered this iris and received it this week (Moonlit Sea) from Superstition Iris. THey've got a fantastic collection of historics. Can't wait for next year!

Wandas, those are really pretty! The color looks so vibrant against the green!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.