unknown

Kingsley, IA

Early season TB or late to mid IB. Purple self with extra light blue, almost passes for white, spot on falls and light blue beards. Sorry picture did not come out to well only good one left after hail storms ;(

This message was edited May 28, 2004 1:23 PM

Thumbnail by iairis
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Okay, fess up! How did you get all these lovely "unknowns" & oldies? Raiding roadside gardens at midnight? Was Iowaron or Anahi with you?

Kingsley, IA

This was a gift iris in one of my orders. I had a bed layout showing which was what with wood sticks and WELLLLLL the puppies ran through the garden in early winter 2002 and broke off all the sticks and now trying to figure out the few that are just now making there appareance in my garden.

Hey, I identify with that! My Puppy Walker decided to pull stakes & play with them last spring. He could pull them out faster than I could plant. We went on vacation for a week & came home to find 40 stakes under the trampoline! Some of those iris/daylilies bloomed last year, but I still have about a dozen unmarked plants waiting for blooms & stakes.

Walker--my garden nemesis...

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Kingsley, IA

Ahhhh a G.S.P.... YEP known to make havoc where you dont want them to... I have a girl GSP but she is not the one that did in my stakes.... we raise coonhounds and well they put their noses down and mow over what ever stands in their way.... aroooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have special open areas in my garden at each corner so Walker can go up to the fence to be petted by neighbors, but it's not enough. If a dog or rabbit runs any where in sight, he's racing down the fence row trying to catch it. There go my iris & daylily scapes!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.