A collection of this year's container plants

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Every year I try to outdo myself. These will fill in more in the next two weeks.

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I've had this planter for several years. Each year is different combination!

Thumbnail by Osteole
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

How beautiful!!! All my containers are "winding down" now. The Petunias were HUGE this year, and are still struggling to put out blooms, but they look so tired. It's time now for me to withdraw into the air conditioning and look forward to October (our spring). Until then I will enjoy everybodies pictures of their summer.
Pati

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Osteole, your planters are lovely and very colorful. Mine are just getting started. i will try to remember to take pictures as soon as they look better. Donna

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Osteole, I always have lots of different containers. Here are a few that are just starting to fill out. Nat

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

And here's another where I am trying to mix colors and heights.

Thumbnail by nathalyn
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh wow Nath! The last pic was great! Whats the name of the three plants?

Your containers are so unique!! Where do you find stuff like that?

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

Nathalyn, what do you have planted in your "girl" planter? I have a girl and a boy, with violas in the girl and blue Ageratum in the boy. The problem is, that the violas are way too tall, and very leggy. I would like something that would be short on the top, and maybe cascade down a little.

This picture was taken two weeks ago.

Thumbnail by ladyrowan
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ladyrowan, I had Mexican Heather in the overall planter - - but it wasn't doing well. I ended up putting Portulaca in it which should cascade down as the summer progresses.

Osteole - - In the second photo, the container has summer snapdragons (Angelonia) http://plantsdatabase.com/go/54110/index.html and a geranium with the great red and yellow foliage. I cannot remember what the green cascading plants are - - but they grow wild in my yard.

And I am continually on the look for fun planters - - usually buying them at the end of the season on sale. I nearly always put a protective acrylic coat on my pots so that they hold up longer.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Nat has a wonderful yard with some really unique combinations of plants in her planters. I am so glad I got a chance to view all of the wonderful things that she has in her very magical garden when we had the TN Roundup at her home a few weeks ago. She is a really wonderful lady as well.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you Elena for the compliments - - you are TOOOOOO kind!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Nah, just being honest!
Hugs,
Elena

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.