Coreopsis, Limerock Ruby Part Two

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Last gardening season we had a rather lengthy discussion about this plant and many of us had found that Limerock didn't return after a season; so not a true pereniel but I can't believe it; I have two that did return. And it was quite cold here last winter. Doesn't seem to be too much consistency with this plant.

By the way anyone see Coreopsis 'Tequila Sunrise'? It is a variegated foliage with a yellow bloom kind of like calliopsis.

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I have not seen 'Tequila sunrise'. I just planted my first coreopsis variety 'Moonbeam'. Its getting very close to blooming. I can't wait to see the results!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

mine didnt return either!!!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I planted 'Tequila sunrise' last year... and it didn't come back. 'Sweet Dreams' didn't either.... but I lost a lot of plants this winter.

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Here comes the blooms!!

This is 'Moonbeam'

Thumbnail by Osteole
Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

Another shot, landscape

Thumbnail by Osteole
Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Glad to know this ahead of time, since it's my first year planting it I'll have to pot it before frost.

Southlake, TX(Zone 8a)

Limerock and Tequila did not make it here.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I bought 2 Limerocks last year at Lowes. After reading that people were having problems with the hardiness, I covered both of them with black plastic pots with a large rock on top -we have bad winds. I did this after our low temps got to about 25. We had 1 night of -10F. Once the low temps evened out to about 30 this spring, I took the pots off. Only one came back this year but it is huge compared to last year and looks like it will bloom by next week. Its covered in buds.
Vicki

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

I lost my Sweet Dreams coreopsis too.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i just added 'Tequila sunrise' will let you know next yr!!!

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I just found this thread. Last year (when my username was yardgirl) I had posted that I had purchased 6 Limerock Rubies at about $6-$7 each. Well guess what - yep - lost every stinkin' one of em.

Sweetdreams - bought 2, one came back this year.

Tequila Sunrise - bought 2, one came back this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.