Black eyed susan vine

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Love this little non stop bloomer

Thumbnail by Bward
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Very pretty!

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

I like the little "Orange Wonder" guy that I have. I also have a Thunbergia gibsonii( orange clock vine)Just a neat color!

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

oh, I like the orange.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Bward do you need to fertilize to get lots of blooms? Nice pic!

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

10-52-10 will get them. Use water soluable Miracle-Gro, but not to much. I have containers and the stuff does not last as long as in the ground. Use half strength twice, thar way your safe.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Does anyone know how to collect seeds from the black eyed susan vines. I have planted them the past 2 yrs from purchased plants at a local greenhouse company. I would like to collect the seeds and probagate my own

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Oops somehow managed to get this 2x.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2004 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

The orange alata will self seed quite readily. I am pulling these and their many many cousins out today. This plant is not an annual here . It stays and blooms year round. I have already given them out to everyone who wanted them. They produce a round black seed after the flower is spent. The salmons are rather stingy with producin seed. I do not have larger varieties so someone else will have to answer about those.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Brooklyn, NY

My black eyed susan vine is growing up and up - but no flowers. I have it in morning sun, self watering containers, and periodically (once a month, say) give em some miracle gro. It has been pretty wet and grey here. What am I doing wrong?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.