Seedling Id

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I planted hawaiian baby woodrose and coral vine seeds. I didnt expect either to come up, but both did, lol....lucky me.
i'm unable to post pics (aaargh) so ill try a visual.
one is maroon in color, very slender with hemp sorta looking leaves (NOT that i would know what that looks like, lol) the other is green with heart shaped leaves, kinda like a normal looking vine. any ideas?
thanks
jen

The Dalles, OR(Zone 8b)

I am not an expert, but I think that both of the vines you listed should have heart shaped leaves. The "hemp" shaped leaves could be cardinal climber. Do you plant any of them?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

MSJen, I would guess that the coral vine seeds would be the one that is maroon with the slender leaves, and the baby woodrose the heart shaped leaves. Don't bank on it lol but that is my summation. Also, if the baby woodrose seeds are actually merremia tuberosa, then they would have "palm" or "hand" shaped leaves.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Sure wish i could post a pic of them
im going on almost a week now, i think.
busybee i didnt plant any cardinal vine

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by JustJen
Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by JustJen
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Number 2 is the woodrose. I also am growing some.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

ty rylaff, i am so excited!!!!
(waterloo, if you see this, this your baby!!!)

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Here is a picture of a Coral Vine seedling. Hope this helps.
Donna

Thumbnail by PudgyMudpies
Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Anybody have extra Coral Vine seedlings? Ican do trade or postage

Thx, Carol

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Well, OOPS, the coral vine is definately NOT what i have. i was so hoping it was going to be true :* (
I have no idea what #1 is then. I havent had any vine seeds around, and nothing is blooming yet to have dropped the seed.
Darn, darn, darn, i really wanted that to be coral vine.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry it is not what you wanted. :(
I can tell you that #1 is a morning glory of some sort, but you will not know which on until it blooms. Won't take long. :)
Donna

The Dalles, OR(Zone 8b)

Here is a link to the coral vine in the database. The mature leaves are heart shaped.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2050/index.html

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Maybe we should ask dave to expand the data base to include "seedling id's"
the leaves of the coral vine look heart shaped, but the pic that donna posted looks completely different.
oh well, guess im back to square one with the coral vine...on a search for it again.
maybe the mg seedling will produce some "gotta have" flower on it.
ill keep yall posted
jen

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi again Jen,
on my pic you can see a true leaf just opened, and it is heart shaped. The leaves on the coral vine ARE heart shaped just like in the PDB but I sent that pic so you could see what the first set of leaves look like.
Donna

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8b)

Jen, your coral vine seedling looks just like mine & I'm sure that's what mine is...I got it off the "mother" plant myself...
Toni

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey Guy's & Gal's, I'm still looking for a Coral Vine, Antbody have an extra??

Thx, Carol

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Thanks Toni.. one of them is bound and determined to take over a trellis that i have mexican flame vine growing on. hopefully i will see a bloom soon!!!
ttyl
jen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.