Golden Hops vine

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Can you tell which side gets all the sun???

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Does it grow fast?

Tracey

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Fast,extremely fast,like a morning glory fast!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Tropiceman:

I just purchased 10 of these (not the Golden variety) to use to cover a fence. Do they need to be staked?

Thanks, Tracey

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Tracey when they start vining,just put the vine on the fence they have sticking clingers that will take hold and take off on there own.

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks! Yours is very pretty.

Tracey

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

I have both green and gold and they are going to be ripped out this year. They grow not inches a day but feet!

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Third year, and uh oh. My poor arbor is going to come tumbling down. Plus a lot of shoots are rooting in the nearby soil. Very argressive. I have tried many vines for this location without success. Maybe a new loper; one with a lot of cutting action.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Did the not check on how this vine grows and how large it will get before purchasing it,sometimes I too buy things on a whim,not checking first it's growth habits,so it's not the plants that are at fault,its mine!!

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Bet it would look good climbing a tree. Although in some zones it does die back in winter.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes it probably would look great on a tree and it dies back here to the ground,thank goodness!!But I really enjoy it!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I have 4 of the Golden Hops vines and I have them climb up a Arbour,will post a Picture tomorrow,can't find it right now.
Be careful.It is VERY invasive and chocked out a Rosebush of mine before,
Brigitte

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes,Ive seen them start coming up a couple feet away,and this is only second year,weed eater will keep them at bay!
Mine started putting out hops on the vines look like little pine cones,take pic tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.