Gold Heart Dicentra

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Gold Heart Dicentra

I saw this at a garden center today. I didn't buy one but I thought it was pretty cool :)

This message was edited May 25, 2004 2:40 PM

Thumbnail by poppysue
(Zone 4b)

Hey! Which garden center? Im in LOVE!!!!!
your neighbor, Greta

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Greta :-) It was at Ossipee Trail Garden Center in Gorham. have you been there? I was shopping for annuals but couldn't leave without checking out the perennials.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I have 2 (small) of them that I got last fall when Wayside had that BIG sale!

They are really GOLD and they bloomed this year!!

sue

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Is it as vigorous as the regular green one, Sue? I was wondering if it would peter out ... Seems like a lot of the fancy plants you pay top dollar for just don't make it here.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I gotta tell you that it was PRETTY SMALL when I got it. It was in a 3 inch pot and I really did not think they would make it through the winter but they really filled out nice and the bloom's are bright red.

It really is pretty. I took a few pic's but I just can't seem to post them. I will keep trying!!!

sue

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

That is one gorgeous plant! Thanks for that great photo!!

(Zone 4b)

I Like Ossopie trails. Ive been meaning to scoot by there. Thats where I get my verbena bonarinsis (sp?) ... the tall annual purple. One of the few annuals Ill sport $ for. I got a nice tree there at their sale last fall. $17 for a nice weeping willow. Anyhoo will definitely go after kids preschool tomorrow, NICE to finally chat with you neighbor!!!
Do you go to Odonals? Im known there as the "queen" of the orphanage. tee hee hee.

(Zone 4b)

I went and checkd it out. Its beautiful and I cant stop thinking about it.... but $10. ergh.... guess Ill just wait and see what happens. Maybe a smaller cheaper one will turn up.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I bought two of the Gold-Heart this spring from Park Seed. There 2-for-one sale. They came bareroot and really took off nicely. I think they are keepers.

(Zone 4b)

OOh! Im jealous! I think the golden foliage is so incredible. Last year it was purple foliage...now its yellow and chartreuse. Delicious!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Greta I have been out to O'Donnel's yet this year. I usually get out there a couple of times to see what they have. Have you been lately?

(Zone 4b)

Alot... I go about once a week to hunt the orphans. Its pretty overpriced right now but I did get some nepeta and a nice pagoda dogwood varigated. In the past Ive gotten beautiful shrubs and treesfor a fraction of their value. Do you look at their orphans? I was going to go to Green Mountain today but my oldest was at her grandmas so I took a big nap instead. Thinking about going tomorrow, not sure what theyll be doing on Sat. but I figured if theyre so behind they wont be taking much time off.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Your plant is SO beautiful! I think I killed mine by giving it to much sun. Eventhough it is growing along the Northside of my split rail fence, it still wasn't happy where I placed it. Next time I'll give it more shade and a damp area to grow in....SIGH.

(Zone 4b)

Green Mountain has Gold dicentra and I bought a nice small one for $4. I am so pleased!!!!

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have this one, the foliage is so light color, tender yellowish green. Nice choice to brighten up a dark shady spot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.