It's so wet here......

Saginaw, MI(Zone 6a)

the weeds are dying from too much moisture. The garden, I mean Lake Stoppleworth, is mostly underwater except for the four rows of raised beds for the garlic(which is doing fantastic.) The ground is so wet between the raised beds that the weeds are suffocating from too much moisture -- have never seen that in my 62 years on this earth.

Last week in the newspaper it listed this as the ninth wettest May in history in Saginaw with eleven days left in the month. Since then we've gotten over 3 inches of rain which moves us up to fourth with a week to go and rain in the forecast for 5 of the next 8 days.

At the very best I'm hoping to get into the garden by mid-June-will have to nurse things along in the cold frames for another 3 weeks then plant like crazy!!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

stoppy...maybe this is the year you should've started a rice paddy, eh? :>)

I could use some of your rain down here. Please send, I'll pay freight!

Saginaw, MI(Zone 6a)

Horseshoe,

I'll send a couple or more inches freight prepaid. In fact I'll send it airmail special delivery (won't send the tornadoes though). hope it ends soon.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for holding off on the tornadoes...some years back we had one hit us...no fun!

I saw lotsa tornadoes coming thru up your way...Hoping you were'nt hit.

Saginaw, MI(Zone 6a)

Horseshoe,
did the rain I sent get there?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

It missed me, dagnabbit! People to the north of us got it all! We had thunder boomers last nite but it didn't leave enuff rain to even dampen the rain gauge!

Oh well...got my soaker hoses going and the garden is doing well!

Lexington, KY(Zone 6a)

Good testimonial for raised beds, stoppy.
Horseshoe, I wish we could send you some of the rain we've been getting (although after our last bad dry season I promised never to complain about rain again). Inch after inch, day after day. Were it not for raised beds I would be in despair. Still have to get 30 more eggplants and 18 more peppers in the ground-they're all sitting around blooming in pots. Even with the raised beds it's just too wet. Raising a bumper corp of slugs, though! LOL

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Been watching this thread and amazed about all the rain most of you have been getting. Here in So. Fl. it is our rainy season but we have had hardly a drop! This is really weird weather. At this time of year it rains every afternoon in the form of thunderstorms. It has been so dry that I must water my plants twice a day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.