CANDY APPLE DREAM HOUSE.....

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

.......for the birds!! I got this beautiful apple gourd birdhouse, last weekend at the Piney Woods Plant Party. It was painted by none other than our very own catlady. My DIL is gonna love it!!

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

,,,,,,,,and the back of the house.

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
Crossville, TN

That is Beautiful!! I just cleaned one I bought at the Crossville flea market last year...left it here for my DIL to dry...and we just waxed it and left it natural.

I did get some Apple Gourd seeds from a gourd festival in AZ and me and my son in law are planting them....I started them before I left and he has planted them!!

Eyes..you done good! Jo

Now, that is pretty cool birdhouse
Wondering; how does one clean out the birdhouse made from a gourd?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

You hope they are inhabited by wrens and they will clean it out themselves. LOL!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey jo, do you have any apple qourd seeds left. I will trade you for some hearts and flowers. Heheh. I will be home after noon on Saturday. Got to work the Boothill Trading Post till 12:00.

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I have some seeds if someone wants to grow them and send me a couple of dried ones? They dont grow good here in WV for me.

Cathy

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Me me me me. I'll do that for you. I will email you my addy and send some to you if they do well,
Jan

Crossville, TN

Sue....to finally answer your question: No, I don't have any Apple Gourd Seeds...but I think I know where to get some...if I ever get any dried ones I'll try to send you some....Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.