sweet pea

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

blooming

Thumbnail by rylaff
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

That is great. How tall are they when they begin blooming? Mine are only about six inches tall right now. Also...how tall will they get in full sun? This is my first time growing the sweet pea vines. Thanks!!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Me too, Brugie. Mine are about two feet now.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great. I have a feeling it will take a while for them to get to two feet, but they look good so far. I bought four different colors and mixed them on each side of my arbor. I hope they will grow and look okay. Can't wait to see yours when they get tall.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Beautiful shot! Cheyenne (my daughter) is growing some in her garden, they are maybe 8-9 inches now, she watches them constantly!!

Good luck with yours Brugie, a mix up an arbor sure sounds pretty.

San Francisco, CA(Zone 10a)

Brugie...In rich soil with plenty of water, sun, and with something good to climb on Sweet Peas can be 6 feet or more tall (long?). Mine are about 2' tall now and just putting out their first flower buds. (If I had started them in January or February, like I'm supposed to, they would be flowering by now.)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

So can they take fertilizer? Gosh, I hate to bug you all about them, but having never grown them and of course, I put them on the arbor that divides my main bed, I'd like them to look good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.