Secret Plant Trade

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

I received my secret trade box yesterday in the mail. It came from flowerjunkie. Nice big plants. I now have Crocosima Lucifer,a mint of some kind, a plant I can't read the label on.
Wonderful gifts. Seed for a Brug frosty pink and Datura double white. Thanks Nancy

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

poppysue....my package will go out today.....been delayed here because of the weather and holiday.....hopfully they will get it on Monday......

Deann

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I got mine in the mailbox today! I have a super-size mailbox, so prolly 4 shoe box sizes could fit in there together! :D

Several plants including a perfect easter lily (which I dont have and was wanting to buy!!), some beautiful annuals one I dont know the name of and the other is a petunia (I love container gardening!) and lastly a really gorgeous coleus (i think) and an ivy!! Please tell me what kind of ivy this is :)

WOW! Im so excited to get these in some dirt and see them grow!

Thank you SO MUCH catbirdsue!!

-Osteole

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Gosh... it looks like everyone is getting some great stuff! I hope my trader will get hers today. If not... it will hopefully be there by tomorrow.

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Doris, I'm glad you liked your box of plants. I sure hope the Mock Orange bush grows good for you! Sandy

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

oh me oh my.....I GOT ANOTHER BOX FROM Irish (peter) TODAY!!!!!

He sent another Brug/ not marked so I am not sure what it is and he also sent something that looks VERY simialar to Lobster Claws!!!!!!! I love it what ever it is!!!!!

I really don't know what the heck it is but it's Tropical and I am going to plant it ASAP before it bite's me!!!! LOL

PETER help me out here.... WHAT IS IT?????

sue

Jody,I got my trade yesterday.
A box full of wonderful plants.
Hardy Ageratum,EE 'Crinkle Cut',A pink ginger,Yellow Flag,Sedums,Frosty Pink Brug., Candy lily, Coleus, Hosta 'Wagon Gold', Pink crepe myrtle,Cryptotaenia.
Thank you so much for your generosity & kindness in sharing your garden with me.I love them all!!
Colie

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

PoppySue, thanks so much for hostessing this secret plant trade. It's been such fun and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

:^)))
Molly

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Jody,
You are so very welcome.Glad they arrived safely and hope You didn't have either ones of them yet ?
Brigitte

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Plantnutz,

I didn't even see your posting last night, I think you posted at the same time I was writing to Miss Kitty. I'm glad you like the things I sent. (I was reading your mind...hehe)

Now today I finished the job early so I'm just waiting for the temps to cool down so I can go out and put my new plants in the ground. Yesterday our sprinkler pump burned out, so luckily my dh went and bought a new one this morning and installed it. Our rainy season is late getting here.

:^))
Molly

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I got my box today!!! YEAH!

Here's what Shihtzumom sent me! (see pic)

Bee Balm - red
Malva Sylvestris Mallow - Blue
Mint
Cannas root - red and yellow
Cactus - looks like prickly pear - yellow flowers
a great smelling candle
some fertilizer sticks
some mini plastic bags for seed trading

AWESOME!! Thank you SO much Kathy! I can't wait to get in the garden! It's raining here today, so I'll have to get out there tomorrow!

Sue, you were right, this can be addictive!! MY box wil be going out Monday!!

Thanks again Kathy!!!!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2004 3:43 PM

Thumbnail by Gardengirl1204
Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Tombstonejan sent the most wonderful plants! Everything arrived in perfect condition. I can hardly wait for it to stop raining to get outside and plant them. Thank you Jan!!!

I do have two questions....

What is 'mother of millions'? It has such attractive little leaves.

And what is that gorgeous green-and-purple striped-leaf plant? The big one? Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Again, thank you so much. This is really a treat!

Jean

P.S. My box of plants will be soaking Sunday and shipped Monday, so I hope that my Secret Trader recipient isn't worrying. :)

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

my box left late, over 100ºF for the past few weeks is too difficult to handle, i just could not handle the heat. sorry for being late, package going to the Eastcoast.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I got mine this afternoon =o) I haven't been trading much lately so this was a wonderful treat! THANK YOU, Belinda!!

I got 'Amber Wave' huechera!! - (this is awesome!)
Hosta 'Thunder Bolt' - (It's beautiful!)
Coleus 'Pineapple Wizzard' - (Perfect for my containers)
Hens & Chicks - (they're a gorgeous fuzzy rose color)
And some Cleome - (Just the perfect thing to fill some of empty spots :-)

Thanks again, Belinda. I'm so happy with my new babies!!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

you're welcome, poppysue. i hope you enjoy your plants. also, thanks for hosting this secret trade. belinda

Weather permitting mine will go out tomorrow morning.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I have to say thank you to MariaJose who sent me the most awesome box of nice and well packed plants that I received yesterday. Thanks for so many nice things, it arrived in very good conditon and was well packed.

My box is going out Monday. I had a little research to do on hardiness. I hope she likes what I got picked out. After this past winter, I've learned to respect the hardiness factor. But I'm still tempted to send a houseplant as extra.

Sheila

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

I mailed mine this morning.
i received mine yesterday..

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Mailed mine May 29

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Donna, I'm glad you liked them. Did I tell you the foxgloves are "Pams Choice"? Hopefully they will grow for you, they've been that size for over a month!

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Wheewwww...Got mine mailed today and 3 others to boot!!!....

"I'm to Pooped to Pop"

Is this fun or what? :-)

Im sure my secert trader will be pleased...

Carol

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I know I'm thrilled! I got plants from someone else's garden in a different part of the country and received lovely plants. This IS fun.

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

this has been a lot of fun I got a bromerlaid a pink bleeding hart and a fuchsia thanks a lot brenda

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Osteole sent me some lovely plants: a variegated hosta, an airplane (spider) plant, and a shrub. The hosta is huge - Michelle said it needed "dividing" - looks like I got the whole thing! All the plants arrived in perfect condition and are already planted. Thank you Michelle for making such thoughtful selections for me. I did pot up the airplane plant to bring inside this fall, and I'm going to attempt to overwinter the shrub outside with lots & lots of mulch and some burlap.
Thanks again,
Eileen

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Received beautiful plants today from Yvonne (VTRN)-everything arrived in great shape. I have been wanting the petticoat fern and what a large start you sent-Can't wait till the butterfly irs blooms. Also can use the houttuynia-which will accent some other plants growing.
Thanks so much.Barbara

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

The shrub is hardy I know to zone 6 (grows wild in the mountains, but much smaller scale).....I'm thinking it will be fine for 5.....Let's hope so!

The hosta I gave you was half the original. Hope it does well for you.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Wow!!! What a package I got today from bward......
2 differant cane begonias, a coleus, Tiara brug,Cuba brug, Tropical sunset brug, looks like a hyacinth vine,Zanthosoma "lime Zinger",and three Colocasia which upon searching I decided were elephant ears.....an Illustris, Burgundy Stem and a Black Magic....All arrived in good shape and I am doing the happy dance.....What a lovely package. Thanks again........

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Hope you enjoy. It will give you a chance to grow a few thing different than usually grown in you zone. The colocasia, and Xanthosoma can be cut back or allowed to go below 45 degrees in fall and they will go dormat-keep barely moist and tuck them in basement or garage and they will come back in spring.Enjoy.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I finally mailed mine today!!!!

We have just had SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much rain that everthing look's yucky!!!!!!

sue

I got mine mailed out today too. I agree with you Sue - too much rain.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

What a wonderful box I received yesterday....from Poppysue ! Not only did you do a great job of organizing the trade, you also did a great job of preparing my box. I'll post a picture tomorrow (my son graduated at 7 this p.m. so I've had little time).

Here's what I got:
Varigated Obedience Plant -
Boltonia asteroides
allium senescens
Peach left Belloflower
Monarda Petite Delight
Jacob's Ladder
Geranium Sanguinem "Alba"
Clusterd Bellflower
Maiden Pink Dianthus
Liatris Gay Feather
Dwarf Solomon's Seal
The only plant I already had was a larger verson Solomon Seal - didn't know about the dwarf ! I have Liatris but they are purple. And a letter attached describing the plants needs and growing habit.

YOU ARE WONDERFUL !! Thank you sooo much for the box of wonderful, healthy plants. Can't wait for it to dry up enough to get outside and dig.

Kathy

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

MarciaGeiger!! I got my box today! Thank you so much!! How fun this was! And to know part of your garden is growing here with mine will always be special.
I got:
~ Wild Geranium (bright pink)
~ Tall bearded Iris
~ Pink lily of the valley
~ Drumstick alliums
~ rose
~ 2 kinds of beautiful blooming spiderwort
Thank you again!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Happy Camper here. I hope I read this right it looks like lilcajunlady36. She sent me some great stuff-

Jasmine
Hosta
Passion Vine
Brom.
2 flower pot decorations with turtles cute
Gloves-really needed them
Miracle Grow
Fertilizer spikes
10 packs of flower seeds

If I left anything out I'm sorry. Thank you thank you it was a great suprise. I have never had jasmine or passion vine and hope I can take good care of them. I am thinking they are house plants in my area yes or no???

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

honibee,i also sent you blue balloonflowers....i think the pandoea jasmine is a per. and the passionflower should be to,i dont know but maybe you can research them...,and the brom. is a houose plant.all in all i am happy you liked what i sent.hope you have luck with them....dona

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

To Barbara...Bward...I really wish I had more to send you. My package to you was pitiful compared to what some sent. :(
But I hope you enjoy what I was able to send. The iris is supposed to multiply quickly and is very beautiful.
Take care!
Yvonne

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Mine went out this morning - Finally stopped raining! It will be traveling halfway across the country. Who could it be????

Franklin, LA(Zone 9b)

the suspense is killing me.. lol
i cant wait to get my box!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Mine is going out today...sorry, just couldn't get my act together sooner...

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

I am mailing mine today. We had so much rain last week and then it has so far to go, I thought I would wait until today.

I hope they like it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.