scented geraniums???

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

When I lived in Oregon there was a nursery that had all kinds of different scented geraniums. Does anyone know where I can find these. Tere were so many different scents, like, cinnamon, lemon, chocolate etc. Any advise would be great!
Thanks.

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

I had about 120 different kinds up till last week.
dumped all but the stock.

drop me a line next march.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Dang it! A day late and a dollar short again. I'll make note in my calendar. Thanks so much.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

They had a bunch at WalMart here this week

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Frogs, I have to go check and see if we have them at ours.

and that is precisly why I ended up dumping all of mine.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I have seen them in catalogs. There were a bunch of places on the web. I love the apple and the coconut scented ones. and there are some little tiny ones that look like ivy geraniums. I have about six or seven at the moment.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Richter's herb catalog (I hope I'm spelling that right!) has the plants in almost every scent you can imagine! You can find it with a Google search.

make sure to post pics of the plants you get from Richters... I bought four that were each mislabeled

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i had a very bad experienced buying from Richter's. more than half of the plants i bought came dead! i was very dissapointed. they wanted me to send them back the dead plant, but what is the point... the shipping price alone is not the worth the price of getting another set of dead plants!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

I did get one dead plant from Richters but they refunded me the price without any problem, and I didn't have to send it in. But I will certainly hesitate to buy in the future based on the comments! A shame because they have a huge selection of geraniums. I have a citronella and also a wonderful lemon if you want to trade cuttings. They root VERY easily. There is also a specialty nursery here that carries really nice apricot, lime, rose and several others. If we arrange a trade I could pick some up for you and include them in the package. Reply ASAP or email me b/c I'm going over there today, its right by my pediatrician's office and my middle son has a scratched cornea, again! This is his 4th time....boys!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you delph but I already ordered some from a catologue. I appreciate the offer though.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

One year I found about six different flavors at Home Depot of all places. None but the citronella kind before or since.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i would not be upset with Richter's if they refunded more than $50.00 of my purchase. i spent about twice that amount of money cuz i am heavily into herbs.

thanks for the offer Delph, i already both some herbs from Deeproots. he has good stock and am happy with what i bought from him and won't even think twice to buy from him again.

Jan - I found them in Phoenix at Baker's and Home Depot in the Spring. Six of the seven survived, and I lost the seventh only because the wind blew it off the stand and smashed it to pieces. I have moved the remaining six to morning sun only for the summer. I do have an old rose scented one that has been planted in the ground in full sun in Phoenix year around for almost 50 years now. My mother planted it in 1957 and we've taken cuttings from cuttings so it's hard telling what generation our present plant is. They do get woody and I just whacked it way back last fall so what I have now is new growth. If you'd like a start of this Arizona hardy plant let me know and I'll pot up a cutting. There's a Holt Greenhouses on the internet that has gobs of these. They are in British Columbia tho, and I have never ordered from them. I like the site because many have pictures of the blooms which gives me something to look for if I run across some in a nursery.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.