Potatoes and other veggie pics, please!?!?!?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I pulled up the corn, bean and potato images in the new "browse by cultivar" option in the Plants Database and realized that we still have VERY few pictures of ANY edibles :-(

Pictures of several tomato seedlings are starting to come in, (thanks and keep up the good work!!!) As those spring crops finish up, and summer ones begin, please be sure to snap some shots of all your vegetables - of both the plants (leaves and flowers, especially) and the ready-to-eat specimen ;o)

Manteca, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm working on tomatoes now. I hope to have some eggplants, peppers and melons to add soon.

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Myself also Terry, I'm working on some pics of my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant, as well as some herbs. It's about time we spoke up about the lack of Love for the veggie pics, compared to what the flowers keep getting. LOL- Keep those pics coming, and I'm working on mine, and I'll be sure to add some real soon. Danny

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Terry, how are we on culinary herbs?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

(It won't let me post a pic...no fair!) (Reported to the help desk though, so all will be well, I'm sure.)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Am posting the tomatoes slowly but surely. Most of my vegetables looked much better in the fall. They got toasted in the last Santa Ana. Took squash blossoms this am and will post in a bit.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I guess I should go out and take some pics of my broccoli huh. They arnt small anymore and are starting to get the florettes. Im so excited! HeeHee, this is my first time growing broccoli so for me this is pretty cool, especialy since the weather has been so dag gone HOT. For a cool weather plant its doing great. Ill take pics tomorrow and post them in the PDB, unless this particular one isnt listed then Ill start asking some questions.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

YES, take AND post pics!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I can't get anything to work tonight!
Edit:
Finally took my post. I tried to add a vegetable. Seemed to be going, then I posted the picture & all was gone.
Also, very hard to make the veggies fit the questions,(such as size, spacing, & zones. Probably would make sense to ask about flavor, picking ease, & things like that.
Bernie

This message was edited May 24, 2004 8:56 PM

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Still trying to post pictures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.