Im placing an order from high country gardens

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to get some humming bird plants and a few other things, seems they specialize in this sort of thing,

kathy

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Let us know what you think of their plants. I've spent a lot of time drooling over their catalog but have never ordered. They have some neat stuff :)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll post here when it comes in,

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

The box came in a couple days ago, I have to tell you, I was quite impressed with the packaging and the plants. Perfect condition, healthy, and they were wrapped in such a way that you could shake that box vigorously and they wouldn't have moved. Best plants I've received from a mail order yet. Though I don't order that often, I've received this year from these companies

richters.
www.newbornnursery.com

have ordered from well sweep herb farm, not here yet though.

This place, (high country gardens) is great.

kathy

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

How were the prices?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

how were the prices on high country gardens? pretty decent about 5.-6.00 per plant, on the ones I bought, shipping was decent priced too., richters stunk, plants were sick, they did give refunds on half the order though, well sweep charged me 37.00 in shipping for a l2.00 box, that's in general discussion, will be calling them today.

newborn nursery, prices were dirt cheap, almost, packaging was bad, sealed in plastic bags, most she sent have died. live and learn. I've had a pretty bad year so far for buying plants over the net, The only one i've been thoroughly satisfied with is www.highcountrygardens.com & www.dollarnursery.net he's fantastic on everything. baylove is his ebay name I buy alot more. off his ebay listings instead of the web site. But i'm prettymuch done buying this year. LOL

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm going to start a prairie flower bed so I'm looking at those meadow and prairie nurseries. Prairie Moon Nursery has a plant sale with VERY cheap plants, range .30-$4 per plant but the shipping was ubsurd. Did I spell that right?

I'd buy from ebay (and I probably will anyways) but alot of sellers don't indentify the plants correctly so you don't always get what you pay for.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yeah, it seems you take a chance with every plant youbuy on the internet. LOL shipping wasn't bad at all with high countrygardens, their prices were a tad higher though.

they packed the box well, you might check out the gardenwatch dog for prairie plants, youmight get some helpful ideas on which web sites to choose for ordering
kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.