My entire iris garden!

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

This is it! You're lookin' at it! LOL Actually, besides this yellow/green variegated iris I have a few white/green fans, which are in the backround, and a clump of Night Affair. After seeing all the beautiful pics in the iris forum I'm looking forward to getting more...and more...and more... ;)

Claire

Thumbnail by clairelise

a closer shot

Thumbnail by clairelise
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

They are very lovely! I'm sure that we'll be able to expand your garden a bit here at Dave's! :-)

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

clairlise, do you want some yellow bearded iris? I don't know how to do a link to the thread but it is listed under the title "Overcrowded."

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

The new striped ones are eye-catching, aren't they?

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

We all started somewhere! The varigated leaves are nice and will stand out when the blooms are gone. We all have a few extra iris that can be shared to the point of making your garden overflow so that you can pass along your extras to other beginning gardners in a few years. I really like that stone walkway, did you make it?

Thanks for the offer, woodspirit1! I think I would like some. I've got 3 iris I ordered from Argyle Acres that will be arriving in the fall and I was thinking I should have ordered a yellow. I'll e-mail you.

I love the variegated foliage and I've been surprised at what a great bloomer this one has been. Last year I just got 2 blooms but didn't expect anything. This year there were probably 8-10 on each stalk, and I ended up with 7 stalks. And I thought variegated iris weren't very good bloomers. I should have taken pictures at its peak. This will be a fun one to share later on.

Yes, I did the stone path, and it took me foreeeveeer! I'm glad you like it MaryE. Sometimes I wonder if I really should have spent that much time on it or not. But I think if I were to do more it probably wouldn't take me so long now that I sort of know what I"m doing.

Claire

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, there's never such a thing as spending "TOO much time in your garden" ! When I die, I want to be cremated, laminated & tossed in my garden. We planted our old dog and assorted pets there, why not me?

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

clairelise, thanks for posting your photo...until this morning, I didn't know there was such a thing as an Iris with varigated foliage! (can you tell it's been a LONG time since looked into an Iris catalog? :-D)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.