IronWood tree?!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Neat thing happened.
My aunt had some IronWood trees chopped down and made into posts. (left the bark on)- well, they have been felled for a year or more- now they are GROWING. Yes folks- growing,LOL. I took a cutting off of one (really pretty lobed foliage)-

I looked in the database and couldnt find any information on them- anyone have some pointers? :D Thanks guys!!!

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Hello Crimsontsave we have a tree called the American Hop-Hornbeam (Ironwood) I don't know the address but if you type this name in your search, you can see if it's the same tree. It may not be as it say's it's a native of Canada. We have them growing in our back yard, when we moved here I'd never seen a tree like it so went looking to find out what it was. We have a wonderful gardencentre here who're very knowledgeable on tree's and bushes, so I took a leaf and the fruit that comes off the tree to them, and the American Hop Hornbeam (Ironwood) is what they came up with When I looked that up on the computor it was the same tree, there's a good picture of the tree and the leaves/fruit.
This may not be the information you were looking for but thought I'd give it a shot.
Flowerpot

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, but no! :( This tree has...
13 leaves on one "limb/stem". They are slightly rounded, and non-toothed. I'm so confuddled. :>

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

I didn't think it would be the same as here but was worth a shot :~) Good Luck finding it. FP

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks! Were still looking. :D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.