anybody know any of these iris's

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

this is my mother's which I'm about to dig up, as you can see, she has l00's of them.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here are some others

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

another

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

a pretty louisiana w/ no name

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We too have lots of the first & third and just a very few of the second one. Like you I don't have names for them.

If you are looking for homes for some of the Louisana Iris either for trade or postage I would be glad to have some of them.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

your firt iris id is most likly Perfection -(barr 1880 ]if new hight and flowe size and bloom time helps I.d. like early ,mid or late in season beard colar
hope this helps you

second iris maybe EDITH WOLFORD { Hager } 1986
standers light yellow, falls medium blueviolet mid season Ht. 35 inches

leaf lady have lots of lousians named and unnamed for postage they need to be sent in sept. to be safe but if grow in pot in pond i can send now

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, they're all gorgeous. A good many of mine,the names have been lost, doesn't make them any less beautiful to me. :-)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Melissa, your right about that, thanks, Tazzy, I would love some of your louisiana Iris in september, if possible, let meknow And i'll send you a buzz in september

kathy_ann

LET ME KNOW IN AUG. SO I CAN DIG. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLORS.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Tazzy, I can do the pots in pond if you want to do it now. But if you are too busy Sept. will be fine. Color really isn't important to me and un named are fine too. If I know a name I like that information, but it sure isn't a have too for us. Let me know what you choose to do. Will be glad to pay postage.

LEAF LADY I CAN DO YOUR IN ABOUT A WEEK THIER IN BLOOM AS WE SPEAK .WHAT YOUR FAVORITE COLORS? LET ME KNOW AND IM NOT QUIT SURE HOW TO DO THIS IM NEW TO DAVES SO PROTCALL IMFO. WILL HELP ME DO A GOOD JOB AND BE A GOOD IRIS BUDDY.AS YOU PROBABLY FIGURE OUT IM NEW TO COMPUTER 2 MO AND IM STILL OLD 3 FINGERS WITH A SPELLING PROBLEM BARE WITH MY TRYING TO LEARN NEW TRICKS AFTER 62 YEARS.
TAZZY

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Hi, tazzy! You're getting better at your new tricks--keep "practicing" here at Dave's Garden and you'll feel comfortable with your new computer, and typing in no time! I'm fairly new to Dave's Garden, but I think most iris growers here prefer to do their iris trading in the fall. Check out some of the past threads and you can see how it's done. I've noticed several offers you've made without asking for anything in return--that's fine but don't be afraid to trade for things you'd like!

(Sorry for the interruption in the thread!)

Claire

CLARELISE THANKS, IM A IRIS SOCIETY JUDGE, A, I.S ANND TULSA, TAISAND PART OF MY JOD I SENTRODUCE PUBLIC TO NEW IRIS AND TO KEEP THEM NAMED.IF YOU EVER WANT TO ENTER A IRIS IN A SHOW IT HAS TO BE PROPERLY NAME. SO IF YOU TRADE OR SHARE THAT PERSON WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER WITH OUT COMING IN TO A SHOW WITH 50 IRIS AND SAY CAN YOU NAME THESE. EEEEK IT'S A REALY BUSY TIME BERORE SHOW AND THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO .WE TRY BUT ITS REALY TAKES A TOLL ON THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WANTING NAMES ON BLUES AND OTHER THAT ARE SO SIMLER WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE. SO TRY TO SEND NAMED ONE OR AT LEAST A CCOLOR FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT A BEAUTIFULL FLOWER BUT IF I WANT SOMTHING I WILL ASK FOR A TRADE FOR IT, RIGHT NOW JUST WANT TO SHOW PEOPLE,A WONDERLIFE IN IRIS GROWING AND KEEPING NAMES IF THEY HAVE THEN TAZZY

SORRY THAT MESSAGE IS A MESS I MUST HAVE HIT WRONG THINEY, IT OUT OF ORDER AND WORDS RUN TO GETHER IT WAS OK. WHEN I SENT IT BUT A MESS NOW IM REALY NOT THAT CHALANGED.OR MAYBE I AM???

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Tazzy, she's right, I have tons of plants I can offer in trade, I'm the mint queen LOL I have 50 varieties of mints, if your interested, any color is good with me, trying to stay away from purple, since I have quite a few of those. bi colors, or purple with white in them , not too picky. LOL

will contact you later on

kathy

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Kathy, do you have extras of the irises? I would like a few, if thats okay.
Thanks, Kris

KATHY-ANN /LEAF LADY I HAVE PIC OF LOUSIANAS. I CAN INSERT IN MAIL BUT CANT PUT THEM ON DAVES SITE MY COMPUTER IS TO OLD, AN I AM TOO. IM NOT TO GOOD AT THIS BUT WHEN I GET YOUR E-MAIL ADD. ILL SEND YOU PREVIEW OF WHAT I HAVE FOR YOU AND SOME THAT I MIGHT HAVE NEXT YEAR

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I'll be up for the fall swap of iris, do we have to put our names in for wants and wishes and then try to keep tract from now to then? I've plenty of large white ones and more than that of yellows. Not much else but I think I'm hooked again.
I finally 'got' the computor, Tazzy, and last yr the same DD (stands fr darling daughter) got me a floppy disc digital camera. pushed into the digital, net roaming 21st century and loving it.
Just remember: The wonder isn't that it works so poorly, the WONDER is it works at all.

Anybody who can judge iris can do computor. oh migosh never thought I'd hear me say that. And I defiitely want to put in a want/wish for several of those Louisianas. Here in the hight desert you plant before June lst or you end up creating shade covers and watering a lot.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

BLOOMSWITH A VIEW YESS I CAN SEND YOU LOUSIANAS IN FALL.SO REPLY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.THERE A LOT OF STUDY TO BE A IRIS JUDGE,MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LEARN IS JUDGE AND MAKE A QUICK GET A WAY .BEFORE THEY CAN HANG YOU FROM THE RAFTERS.LOSERS ARN'T JUST WEEPERS THERE SOME THAT WANT TO TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF,RUN FAST AND LYAO' THE IRIS STORE IS CLOSED NEXT YEAR I'LL POST AGAIN.SO KATHY ANN , LEAF LADY , BLOOMSWITH A VIEW.HOPE43, YOUR THE WINNERS.SEND ME IMFO. AND WHEN YOU WANT THEM I KNOW LEAF LADY .YOURS WILL BE IN MAIL AS SOON AS YOU CONTACT ME. SASE

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Tazzy asked me to post these pictures for her, their pics of her louisiana iris's aren't they just georgious here they are

this is Bout midnight la iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

this is broad daylight la iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

this is cajun sunrise la iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

tried to send post kicked off.. Tazzy wow wow nice .. help all can.. talk tomorrow... twyla

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This is a double white butterfly la iris, Tazzy, is this the name, of it, (double white butterfly) just checking, it's beautiful

kathy

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

this one is called Divorce la Iris, Hum, strange name ha?

kathy

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

margaret Lee la iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

praline festival la iris

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

not sure of the name for this one, it says yummy la iris, tazzy that's the name? yummy? or is it just a yummy no namer, LOL love it anyway

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

THANKS KATHY-ANN
WHITE ONE IS" DURAL WHITE BUTTERFLY" AND "YUMMY" IS IT,S NAME I HAVE ABOUT 15 MORE THAT I DONT HAVE PIC, BLOOMED TO EARLY OR DIDN'T BLOOM YET. HOPE NEXT YEAR TO HAVE PIC OF ALL,

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

wow, are they as beautiful as these, my goodness, these are beauties.

kathy

DIDNT GET TO FINISH LAST POST ,HUSBAN HAD TO USE PHONE.AND THEY SAY WOMEN TALK A LOT HE TOOK A HOUR. ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO HOPE 43 WHO TOOK THE PIC FOR ME AND E-MAILED THEM BACK SO I COULD HAVE KATHY-ANN POST THEM. THANKS LADIES! SHARING YOUR TALENTS WITH ME. THAT WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS MORE OF PEOPLE SHARING AND CARING.PLANTS AND TALENTS ARE FOR SHARING. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH,

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Put me in for 'Bout Midnight, and Cajun Sunrise. These are outrageous iris. Mine would be simple nonames, but I might have something else you crave. Talk to you transplant time.

Thanks for the posts. and for sharing.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Tazzy, did I understand right about being able to put the Lousisana [spelling] in ponds?
If you can do that I would like a couple now, if you wouldn't mind sending them to me.
I can do postage or iris. Intermedaite iris are blooming now, but some of the TB iris have buds on them. I can post pictures [never done this, so bear with me] when they bloom.
Yes, you are talking to a lady who will turn 70 in July and who is celebrating her 50th Wedding anniv. in June. Never thought that I would understand everything [did I say understand] about computers and digital cameras.
Oh Yes, could I keep them [Louisiana iris] overwinter in my fruit cellar like I do my other water plants???

Maxine

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

my Daniel is in pond from Tazzy its so pretty my husband commented was that real or fake flower , course he likes tazzy too and she brought it over.. i will see if can get it on here i do not know either i highlighted it but would not go on message here. so ? .. us old ladies jusyt behind times like 30 yrs... blessings all.. i go this afternoon Tazzy dr. talk later .. good results on yours this morning.. and ladies please mammograms , i caught this one perfect time other one did not.. not preaching but there is big difference get it right away..

maxine; e-mail me this is to long a reply to post il ans your quistions then tazzy

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I think I belong here, where I can say I'm only 65 and never wanted a computor. Well, here I am, happy as a pig in a wallow doing the best I can on the 'net', thanks to DD and her gifts of electronic toys and pushing to get me using them.

And letting the house go while I struggle with the lot full of wild mustard and deal with hundreds of thirsty plants. I'm sure there are hundreds tho I've never counted. I got half the lot cleared but now it's starting to goto seed and dry out to a major fire hazard and I really have to give up on pulling and let my SIL mow em - flinging seeds every which way of course. LOL

i bought a brand new computer to day it does every thing but talk sweet nothings in my ear.all i have to do is learn how to use all these new do dads old ones didnt have.i even hooked it up my self every things works but printer which works just keep telling to put in file i dont want @#$%& file i just want to print it. .oh well im pooped from hooking up i'll try tommrow when im not so tired .62 and i did it myself.i allso dress my self today ,and rembered my name,thats a good day for me.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Your are too funny, I feel for you and the computer thing. It took me a while to learn mine, it was just constant use and spending time with it, is how I learned, and several trips to the computer guy to fix my mistakes, boy that made me the maddest too LOL

looking forward to those iris's tazzy. we're building a greenhouse now, staying really busy, got a little kiddy pond, can you believe it, my kids are teenagers now, and I still have the little kiddy pond, LOL well, I did buy it for the duckies, not the kiddies, LOL

later

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.