Transplanting Morning Glories

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Several weeks ago I was going to plant MG seeds in cups to be transplanted in a flower bed that is "under construction." But I read on the seed packages that MGs don't transplant well. Anyone have any info or experience with this? I'm anxious to get the seeds started because it will still be a few weeks until the flower bed will be ready.

Claire

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I always try to start mine early. If I plant the seeds directly in the ground it takes them forever to bloom. I plant them in their own individual pots and when it's time to transplant I'm careful to leave the root ball intact. They do fine that way.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mine have all transplanted just fine also by leaving the root ball in tack. Haven't lost a one....knock on wood :-)

Yippee! Thanks for the info...Here I come little seeds!

Claire

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Mine are almost 2 feet long now - they are going outside today! :)

Karrie, ya wanna trade? My seeds for your plants? LOL When did you plant your seeds?

Claire

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I just got my seeds from Studley, this last Spring (President Tylers). I'd be happy to send you some next year, after gathering them, if they work out! And as far as trading for your plants, hmmmmmmm - funny! :) I do have one more left but don't think it will take in shipping! It's due for earth yesterday!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.