lowes

Franklin, LA(Zone 9b)

day before yesterday we went to lowes.. and i ofcourse was uncontrollably drawn to the garden department
where i was pleased to find this coleus with the absolute prettiest foliage .. and upon closer inspection, i just happened to find a few pieces that had broken off (honestly, they were already broken, i swear) so i had to pick one up .. and it's now sitting in a cup of water with some rooting hormone mixed in and there are already roots forming!
also, while i was there.. i "happened" upon a piece of a hibiscus with the absolute prettiest foliage.. red and white and green variegated with red stems
they wanted $30 for it!
honestly, if it had been reasonably priced, i would have paid for it.. but it wasnt, so i've got a cutting of that also.. currently it's in the same cup of water/rooting hormone as the coleus
i stripped off the lower leaves, and snipped off the flower buds
does anyone have any tips on rooting this?
i would really like for that to take root!
it's really pretty
here's a link to one that's very similar (if not the same thing) http://ecolage.safeshopper.com/177/922.htm?311
i also bought a tabasco pepper plant and a roma tomato plant for $.98 each (highly expensive.. i know, you're wondering why i paid that much for them! lol j/k)
they've got all of their vegetables in small cups for $.98 each.. and they seemed to have a pretty good selection
i also almost bought a dwarf red banana tree with 2 pups.. but i couldnt force myself to drop $25 for it

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!