CLOSED: Question About Round Robins

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I just got a Robin and I have a couple of questions. This is the 4th Robin I've participated in and it's the only one where I've seen this happen. First of all, the Robin is full, but many, many of the seeds are the 59 cent one that sell for 10 cents. Second, there are all kinds of notes in it as to what people took and what they put back. I guess the notes are what are upsetting. I looked through the robin before reading the notes and saw that there were 11 packs of the very same seed in it. I thought that was strange but it was stranger when I read the note. This person took out several very interesting, varied seeds (say, 15 or so) and put the same number of packs back in, but 11 were the same. Am I just being in a whiny mood? Is this okay? I'm pretty new to this and just want to learn the ropes.

Thanks, and please don't throw too many flames. lol

carmen... thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I dont have lists on my robins.. and try to make them fun.... but is it up to the traders to make it fair......
putting myself in others shoes.. its fun to open the box .. and say oh,,, goodness ive been looking for that seed and making someone elses experience the same...

as you know its cheaper to buy seeds at the store...
but hopefully others like me enjoy the sharing...

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I definitely enjoy the sharing and I don't want to seem like a complainer. I just wanted to ask basically about the multiples. Not a problem at all. :-)

your never a problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

pins sheran is right. unfortunately all players do not play fair. i just try and ignore it when i get back mostly all the same thing. this has only happened once or twice though. all in all everyone plays fair. and when you join one you never know what will happen it is just for the fun of them.

thanks janet for the pat on the back.. and pins for enjoying the robins.... which is why I do them.

It is especially fun to plant seeds remembering where they came from and watch them grow..

I cant explain the feeling when robins make it home.. and the dissappointment when they get lost.....but that happens too.

sheran.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.